\89/

Eren POV

"I can start... I don't want to be friends." Y/N had said. 

Well I guess that is one way to start. 

I guess I sort of expected this. 

Maybe she does feel something stronger for Levi than for me. 

He's been nothing but nice to her. 

They just have a dynamic that works out for them and I'm just messing things up for them. 

I'll accept it, I can't do anything else. 

"I understand Y/N, I'm really sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable at any point yesterday on our outing." I couldn't hide the sadness in my voice. 

I was hurt. 

"Wait, Eren, I thought you would have known what I was talking about. What you said earlier, that we should just be in a platonic friendship." She said sounding a little confused.

Oh... I forgot about that... And that happened not too long ago. 

"Oh, sorry that wasn't on my mind." I said to her. 

I heard her sigh, "What I said yesterday was true. I'm scared to be in a relationship with you, but I'm really scared to be in a relationship with pretty much anyone. You make me happy, I look forward to seeing you, thinking about being able to see you makes me happy. I think I am just making myself hold back to avoid getting hurt again." She said looking down towards her hands that she was fiddling in her lap. 

That's a relief honestly. 

But what about Levi?

"If you don't mind me asking, what's going on with Levi?"

"We talked things out. He promised he wasn't going to abandon me and he knows that there isn't really a future for the two of us. It was a very heartfelt conversation. We agreed its best that we stop doing some things that we had been doing if I were to be getting into a relationship." She said. 

THAT JUST RAISED MORE QUESTIONS!! 

WHAT THINGS WERE THEY DOING??

"It wasn't anything bad! Get that thought out of your head!!" She said sounding flustered and she was beginning to blush. 

"How did you know I was questioning it??" I said beginning to feel frantic. I felt my face getting red. 

"It's written all over your face!" 

God damn it! 

"Ok ok I'm sorry I didn't know what you mean you just said you have to stop doing things!" I felt my face still getting red. 

"I didn't phrase that right!! We've only done something like that once! The stuff I'm talking about is the small flirting or the cuddling!" 

ONCE?? 

I mean I can't even judge her for that, that's what I was doing constantly in high school, she just did it much more classier. 

I just stopped talking to the girls I had slept with. 

"Back to what I was saying!.. There isn't anything going on between me and Levi. I was scared of him leaving me after all this time. I didn't want him to I guess push me away when I got with someone. That someone being you. Eren I want to be with you, I just think we need to take it slow. Like ease into it I guess. It would be my first relationship since college. That's if you'll have me." She said while looking at me with a somewhat worried face. 

So she really wants to be together? 

Would she really be happy?

I know she just confessed but does she really want this? 

Or is she just saying this cause I'm the only option? 

Stop. 

Don't think like that. 

Dumbass. 

I sighed.

"I'm willing to take it slow with you. I would do anything to be with you Y/N. Again, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable yesterday, I really didn't mean to and that wasn't my intention. I shouldn't have said that I was falling in love with you. That sort of just slipped out and then I just confessed cause it was already out there. Asking you to have Levi go and pick you up last night was really uncalled for and I shouldn't have done that. That was really unnecessary and I've acknowledged that it ended up hurting you when you said that. And I acknowledge that the relationship you have with Levi is very special and dear to you. I don't have a right to get in between that at all." I said and moved closer to her. 

I grabbed her hand. 

"I shouldn't have said that I love you last night, but it happened and I meant it. You mean so much to me Y/N. If you want to take it slow, we can. If you want me around, I will gladly be around, when you want me gone, I'll go. I just want to make you happy. I want to be the one you look forward to seeing. I want to have a future with you. I want to hold you and make all your problems go away. I want to wake up to you every morning and I want to make you breakfast. I want to be able to joke around with you and show you off to other people." I said to her looking into her eyes. 

She held such a soft gaze and it looked so caring and loving. 

"I do have a question though... Do you really want this? Like will this really make you happy?" I asked her. 

I wanted to be certain. I didn't want her doing this just because of me or because something that happened between her and Levi. 

"I feel like you're my person Eren. I do want to be with you. I haven't felt like I ever had with anyone else like I had with you, counting both high school and the past weeks. I know I can be happy with you. And I am happy with you. I mean I know it wont always be sunshine and rainbows, but I am willing to work past those feelings and those inconveniences with you." 

She had placed her free hand on my cheek and caressed my face lightly. 

Well this is a great conversation. 

I smiled at her and said "I'm happy with you too Y/N. I know your my person. And I'm sorry for being such an asshole." 

"It's ok. Just promise me no more jokes. I don't want another relationship based on lies." She said. 

"I promise, no more cruel jokes, no more lies, no more hiding. I will genuinely cherish you and make sure you are the happiest girl that you can end up being." I said lightly putting my forehead on hers. 

"I accept." She said smiling. 

I leaned in and kissed her lightly. 

I then pulled away from her. 

"So did you want to stay for dinner?" I asked her. 

"That sounds like it would be fun." 

She giggled and we both got up and headed towards the kitchen. 

I'm so happy. 

All A Joke (Eren X Reader) {Modern AU}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara