GOOD DAYS CHAPTER 1

Start from the beginning

()

"Why do I have to sit in the front again?" I heard Beyoncé ask. I whined as I got up making sure she wasn't actually going to sit in the back.

"Beyoncé, you woke her up. She doesn't want to be near you." I glanced at Melanie who was rubbing her temples. "You know every time you two get near each other you always end up making her cry. Get in the front." Beyoncé looked at me and I instantly hid behind my stuffed toy. I heard her huff before aggressively sitting in the front.

Melanie sighed before looking at Rihanna, Ariana, Kehlani, Kelly, and Michelle. All of them seemed to be staring at me which made me hide more. It's not like I was scared of them or anything.

"I'll sit with Onika," Kehlani blurts out. It always seemed like Kehlani had a thing for me and I didn't mind it at all. At least she wasn't Beyoncé. Big blonde meanie.

She leaned into the car and looked at me. "Do you mind if I sit with you lil mama?"

"I don't mind," I squeaked out. Once I responded to her, she immediately sat with me. Her body was pressed up against mine and my head just automatically turned away from her. I couldn't engage in conversation with her.

"I love your toy, where'd you get it from?" I turned to look at her.

"Melanie gave it to me for my birthday." She was honestly so fine. I didn't know why she was talking to me. Kehlani was fairly new to the friend group and we've never really engaged in much conversation but this felt better than being in an argument.

"You're adorable. I noticed you look so scared, I'm not trying to scare you love."  These sweet words were going to make me die. On top of her sweet words, her hand was on my thigh and her eyes looked deep into mine. Gosh, I'm so nervous.

"Kehlani, you might wanna stop talking to that baby. All she does is cry at the little things." There she goes.

"Shut your fat face up. You're mean, I don't know who invited you but this hangout is for nice people." I know my comeback wasn't as nice but Kehlani was making it hard to think right now.

"You heard what she said Bey. Shut your fat face up." Everyone laughed as Beyoncé slumped into her seat giving up on the conversation for now.  "Bey, don't look so sad. You started this, you could just be nice but you act like Onika is the problem. Try looking in the mirror to understand the situation. It's you." A wide smile formed on my face as everyone looked at Beyoncé who was acting like she didn't hear anything Kehlani said.  Kehlani turned her head to me before sucking her teeth. "She know she heard me. Fat ass head." I covered my mouth as I heard the curse word come from her lips.

"Hey! No cursing zone! I told you guys that." Melanie yelled.

"Mel, chill out. It was one curse word," Rihanna replies. Melanie shook her head while keeping her hands on the wheel. I knew she was trying to protect me. "Plus, Onika knows we won't do it again. Right Nika?" Rihanna peaked over Kelly who was sleeping. Michelle was cuddled up with Kelly as well trying to fall asleep.

"Mhm!" I tried to sound like I knew they were telling the truth but they were lying. Just big ole liars. I wanted to fall asleep but something told me to look over at Beyoncé. She had the meanest glare I've ever seen. It made me want to hide considering I did nothing to her. Kehlani noticed I was looking at Beyoncé and peaked her head out so I couldn't see Beyoncé anymore.

"Don't worry about her, she shouldn't have came if she was gonna act like a bully."

"Beyoncé, you remember that baddie from the library?" I could only assume Beyoncé shook her head 'no' at Rihanna's words. "Well, I got her number and now she's trying to quiz me like I know Edgar Poe Allan." I scrunched up my face.