26 - Sulky

First day, 14 sighs. Second day, 23 sighs. Third day, 29 sighs. You mark your boyfriend's sighs every day ever since the start of the week. The eye bags started to become more visible with many distressed signs. It was rather worrisome. Most of the times over the past few days, you miss many chances to talk, but he seemed tired and passes out in bed. The grumbles that barely pass through his lips were barely heard. Something was irritating Kenma.

The fourth day, which marked his 30th sign at 11pm. Your eyes lingered at the back of his bun with his pen, poking the top of the ears. You tapped your feet around impatiently as you pounced on him from behind. "Kenma, dear? You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He responded without a second of hesitation. Looking over his shoulder laid papers all over his desk. You gave a small groan and caught his attention. "You don't need to wait for me every tjme, you know."

"Then we can't hang out. I want to wait for you to finish."

"You have Bokuto and Kuroo. I'm sure that they wouldn't mind hanging out with you. It's not like you'll get anything by staying here."

There was no doubt that he is irritated. Kenma wouldn't have talked so much just to tell you off no. Maybe his workload has been stressing him and you don't want to be a heavy burden. "I don't want to. What gives you the idea to make me hang out with those dicks?"

Kenma stayed silent, listening to the small sounds of his pen scratching against the paper. It was obvious that he was sulking. You tried to massage his shoulders in an attempt to get his words out. "Kenma? Am I bothering you?..."

"Of course not..." He snuck a tense smile at you. It caught you off-guard by the tense smile. "It's better off if you go out with everyone else. It won't be fun if you watch me do work and... you'd smile a lot more if you went with them instead."

It finally hit you. He felt left out. You know for long that he's used to it, but there will always be a lingering attachment for you.

Puffing your cheeks out, you quickly pulled a small chair next to his. Kenma's eyes widened at the sight of you, huffing with arms and legs crossed. "(Y/n)? What are you doing here?"

"Staying."

"Go call Kuroo and Bokuto or anyone else. I'm busy."

"You're just going to sulk all day that I've been spending too much time with crackheads than my boyfriend."

Kenma stayed silent with no response to your remark. That already confirmed your suspicions. He was lonely. Glancing from you to his word, he warned you. "I'm going to stay up for a while. Don't blame me if you get bored."

"It's a lot more amusing if I'm here, right?" You questioned him with a bright smile.

"It's kind of disgusting how you seem to take after Kuroo for his baseless confidence."

"But I'm not wrong!-"

He chuckled at your pouting, tapping the top of his pen to your nose. "Then stay entertaining. Don't sleep so soon."

—————

You found yourself, sitting up and dozing off. It was close to 3am, yet you struggled to keep yourself awake. Eyes forced themselves shut after a few minutes with small, breathing noises. It caught Kenma's attention to find you asleep.

"All you've been doing was watch me work... I told you not sleep soon." He sighed, staring at his papers. "Sleeping once I just finished..."

Kenma stood up with arm slung underneath yours to around the back. Even with his weak stature, he can still care you up easily. If it was his girlfriend, he'd try his best. Trudging towards the bed, he gently placed you down with the blanket over you.

A smile crept to his lips, chuckling through his teeth. He reached over to your head, kissing on your hair. "You're so silly..."

"Nngh..." You groaned, rubbing your eyes. He was taken aback by your sudden awakening. Through your blurry vision, you barely manage to make out the image of your boyfriend. "Ken...ma?..."

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" He asked, but shook it off with a smile. "Go back to sleep."

Your arm slung around his neck, pulling him down into the bed in surprise. Kenma barely manage to keep himself up on top of you with your head pinned between his arms. You continue to try to weigh him down with your arms, but he refused to give in. Giggling away, you slightly lifted your head up to nuzzle your nose into his neck. "I should be saying the same to you... Come sleep with me when you finish... you jealous goose..."

"Jealous goose? Is that what you want to call me now?" Kenma snorted. "What brought that up?"

"I just thought you were cute when you were sulking about me hanging out with the others too much. You could've told me you wanted to keep talking with me. Let's have a date~"

"I wasn't sulking."

"Was too."

"Was not."

"..."

"..."

"Was too."

"(Y/n), are you trying to mess with me again?" Kenma questioned you, making you laugh again. You let the boy flop on top of you as fingers comb through his squeaky hair. "Don't tease me."

You hummed ever so happily. "I'll think about it once you sleep with me." His face lifted away from your shoulder, exchanging endearing stares at each other. You felt his chapped lips, slowly pressing against yours and pulled for a second. You tried to reach your head in for more, but only comed to back up. "... Are you teasing me too?"

"Perhaps..." He responded, landing a peck on the crook of your neck. It was ticklish, making you jolt. Kenma's fingers nrushed the loose strands out of your face as you winced at the sudden light shining above. Through the blurry light, you can see your boyfriend's lazy smile with his hand slowly reaching to your cheek to carress it. His smiles never left you bitter. "I won't sulk anymore... just let us sleep together, okay?"