Chapter Twenty-One

chapter 21- f e e l i  n g s

I reloaded my gun and aimed it towards the dummy, aiming for his head

I reloaded my gun and aimed it towards the dummy, aiming for his head. I pulled the trigger and it flew towards the wall behind it, meeting the other that I had missed, "Fuck." I sigh to myself, pulling my gun up and shutting one eye to get a proper shot at it, but it only ends up futile, meeting the other bullets through the wall.

I and Mateo didn't speak for the next two days, and I knew I was going mad seeing as we're basically stuck in the same house for the next couple of days. He did try speaking to me but I'd just brush him off or just pretend I was on the phone talking to Gio. Though it was slowly killing me, I've never actually stopped talking to him for this long and I had really wished that he hadn't said that one thing because now I can't even get one fucking bullet without my mind drifting over to him and even then I still can't imagine shooting his face multiple times.

I sighed and raised my gun again, clutching it with my two hands. I try to forget about Mateo but it's almost like he's right behind me like I can literally smell him and feel his inked hands gripping my waist, pulling me closer towards him. I relaxed into his embrace before opening my eyes and gripping my gun tightly again.

"You're tense, that's why you keep missing, relax," Mateo's voice whispers, and I let out a gasp at how close he is to my ear. Of course, he just had to be the real thing.

"It's kinda hard to relax when you're here, clearly distracting me," I pull the trigger again and it misses again going right through the wall. I raise the gun again but this time Mateo's hands rest on mine, moving it a little so it's not pointing directly towards the dummy.

"You can put your weight on mine, it's okay," He says again and I curse under my breath, leaning back a little so his chest is now resting on my back. He removes his hand from the gun and then slowly traces it down my side, resting at my waist. I suck in a quick breath and I can almost imagine his grin at the impact he's having on me right now. He moves my waist a bit and my bum makes contact with his erection that only God knows had emerged. "Now try again."

I pull the trigger and it goes directly towards where the heart would be on another person and I almost jump up in excitement when I've realized that this is the first one that I have managed to shoot throughout the past two days. I turn around to hug Mateo but I pull back when the memories of what he said to me come back and my smile as well as his, is wiped off.

I drop the gun on the table and I walk around him towards the door that leads to going upstairs. "Mal please, I need to talk to you." I close my eyes and stop my steps waiting for him to continue. "I can promise you that I definitely do want to be chained to you, I don't think you realize how much you have me wrapped your finger and it hurts, it really does. I wouldn't care if you had me locked up in a cellar or shot a bullet through my leg every day because I wouldn't mind Maliyah, because it's just you, everything about you is just so, overwhelming." I turn around and he's standing right above, moving his hands to cup my face.

"I would do anything to stay with you forever, seriously if I had to break my own head to show you I would," I let out a laugh and he smiles probably happy with my reaction, "So, could we please keep this thing we have going on now, and stop ignoring me because I'm dying here," He pleads and waits for my answer, looking into my eyes which such a hopeful gaze.

"Hmmm, I don't know," Lies, I do know, I just wanna enjoy him being under me for just a couple of seconds, "I think you might have to go knock down the Eiffel tower and bring it to me and maybe I'll consider forgiving you," His whole face drops with his hands and I try so hard to not let out the laugh that I'm trying to hold in. When he sees the amusement written on my face he groans and I let out a laugh that is soon cut off when he captivates his lips with mine.

"You're such an asshole," I managed to say as he laughs among my lips, sliding my shirt off of me.

"Yeah, but your asshole," He says breathlessly and picks me up setting me on the table, moving his lips lower down to my neck, pulling and tugging on it making me leave out little moans. The question pops up in my head and I think about it for a little while before going on to ask Mateo.

"Mateo?" He pulls down my legging, revealing my white thing which I had considered buying a couple of weeks ago.

"Hm?" He stands so his eyes are at the same level as I am but I can feel his fingers slowly rubbing at the cloth of my pants.

"W-what are w-we?" I managed to say out and my eyes flew shut, tilting my head back from the pressure Mateo had put down there.

"Whatever we are, I wouldn't care, I just don't want this to stop," I open my eyes to meet his brown ones and my eyebrows scrunch up.

"So all of this just means sex to you?"

"Wha-no-it's just complicated," He sighs out and he steps back obviously not feeling very turned on right now.

"What's so complicated about it?" I ask him and he runs a hand through his hair, tugging it a little before he lets it down almost trying to figure himself out. "What? Is it me or something? Am I now something you don't want to play around with anymore?"

"Mal--"

"No, no please tell me, Mateo, are you tired of being with me because you've gotten so used to my body now and you just want to walk away?"

"Maliyah--"

"No, because I really should've expected this, you know, I mean why should I care? We're just fucking each other aren't we? Do you even have any feelings towards me at all?!" I shout and I wait for his answer but his mouth opens and closes several times but nothing comes out. I let out a low laugh and I begin to put back on my clothes, hoping to get the fuck out of here.

"Maliyah ple--"

"Cut the bullshit Samuels," I spat at him and he winces, taking a step back, " I don't have time for your shit, next time you need to talk to me it will be only when you need someone to thoroughly fuck your senses into you," I turn around, flinging the door open and storming up the steps, walking to my room and ignoring the questions coming from the living room.

Men are stupid.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

(13/03/21: a/n) AHHHH IT'S BEEN SO LONGG SOOOOO LONG Y'ALL but i am BACK (after having an amazing birthday)  AND WE ARE HERE TO GET BACK IN WITH MATIYAH, YESSSS.

-UGH MALIYAH LET HIM EXPLAIN BROOO

-BRACE YOURSELVES FOR SHORTER CHAPTERS

-SEE YA LATER

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯