Chapter Nineteen

chapter 19- h i d i n g

I flip the page to the other side to see if there is anymore writing but it only just shows the one I read right now

I flip the page to the other side to see if there is anymore writing but it only just shows the one I read right now. My mother kinda did sound like a badass, but I wasn't over the moon about killing my own father, even if he didn't really know who I was.

"I can't believe this..." I mutter while putting the note on the table, rubbing my head in frustration while Mateo seems to be deep in thought, but still rubbing my back which is definitely helping with the cramps.

"We need to tell Gio about this, he has to send some men to protect the house, it's not safe right now," Mateo comments, and I turn around to face him while his hands adjust at my sides, bringing his head up so he can meet my gaze.

"I know...but we can't stay hiding forever, we have to do something about Igor, you read it yourself and I personally don't want more people getting their futures taken because I'm busy running away," I lean into Mateo while he moves his hand, stroking my hair softly.

"I wouldn't think you were running away."

"Then what would you think of it as?" I look up to him and he has those same emotions in his eyes, and he's smiling down at me as if I'm the only thing in the world. The only thing in his world.

"Protecting yourself. You're quite strong Maliyah, the most beautiful, strongest girl I've ever met. It's kinda crazy because I've met a lot of girls," I hit him in the stomach playfully and he lets out a laugh. "Relax, none of them compare to you. Trust me," He leans in, and pushes a strand behind my ear, and allows his hand to linger there.

"I like this," I say as Mateo gets closer, noses almost touching.

"Like what?" He says softly as his breath moves along my face, slowly teasing my lips.

"I like where we're at now, it's...different, much different than when we first met," He laughs, bringing his gaze back to mine, "It's just...perfect."

"It could always be perfect, it should always be perfect, it is always perfect with you." I laugh as he leans in again, his lips making contact with mine. It was slow and rhythmic, not as rough as it is when we have sex but it's more...passionate like he's trying to show me something, the same thing that's clear in his eyes but yet now I can feel it, I just can't understand it.

Just as Mateo was about to go in deeper, a noise came from the hallway, and we both pulled back quickly, looking confused but I jumped down from the chair and got two guns from the cabinet below. I threw one over to Mateo and we walked down carefully trying to see any intruders.

Sienna and Diego come out of their room. I shush them with my finger and they nod, immediately taking light of the situation. I walk closer to where the noise had come from and the laughs immediately switch on with nothing but a piece of paper wrapped around a broken window sitting on the floor.