Chapter Fifteen

"Look who decided to grace us with their presence," Valentina shouted out at me while I and Mateo walked downstairs

"Look who decided to grace us with their presence," Valentina shouted out at me while I and Mateo walked downstairs. Diego was sitting with Sienna but Luca and Sebastian were nowhere to be found, probably expanding their night just like I had earlier and Lorenzo, it didn't take any genius to know where the fuck he was.

Mateo was still holding my hand when Valentina came to drag me away from him but he kept his grip. I looked up to him kissing him on the lips and he let go pouting before walking over to Diego and Sienna, sinking into the couch beside them.

Val dragged me over to the counter table to sit me down at the chair but yet I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from Mateo, almost like he'd just disappear right there and then.

"Mal?! Quit staring at him and listen to me!" She sits down, putting her coffee right in front of her, and crosses her legs almost like the people who are about to ask you the stupidest questions for your interview.

"What?" My attention went back to Mateo who was now smiling and listening to whatever Diego was saying.

"You're staring at him again," Valentina sighs.

"Hm?" I responded, not catching on to what Valentina was inferring. She tugs on my arm and shakes her head, chuckling.

"You were staring at Mateo." She takes a sip of her coffee, looking up at me.

"I'm not," I reply, "I was just daydreaming in his direction, it's his fault for sitting there."

"Then why was there that look on your face just now?"

"What?" I turn to her and she raises an eyebrow, "What look, Val?"

"You look a certain way when you see him," Val pauses, to turn towards Mateo who was laughing at some joke Diego made, "You look at him as if he's some sort of new high-tech gun."

"And?"

Valentina sips her coffee, grinning at me, "You love guns."

"I'm aware I love--oh shit," I whisper and Val continues sipping her coffee obviously amused with my reaction. I love him. I love Mateo. The one thing that I had so wanted to not happen has happened and I'm out of my mind for it. I can't be in love with Mateo, all we had was sex and I want it to stay that way and Lord knows if he even wants what, a relationship? He was the one who agreed to be a fuckbuddy and if I come clean with my feelings he'll probably push me away. I cannot afford to love Mateo.

"Oh shit, okay we'll be right there," Sienna ended her calls and sent a text on her phone before standing up and looking at us. "There has been an explosion at another one of our warehouses and some of our men need our help," I sigh and Vall sends me a concerned stare before I stood up to get a handgun that was in one of the cupboards.

We all run for the car, with Luca and Sebastian looking like they've thoroughly fucked after.

And guess where I sat? Right next to Mateo.

The car drives off at an immense speed and I can feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I pull it out and my eyes widen at the sight of the picture.

Fucking Bitch: Darn, I wonder who would've done this? You better come quick, I don't think I'd want to see this pretty little woman burn to ashes, would you? X

A woman was tied to a chair surrounded by flames and was staring directly towards the camera. I could remember the same blue eyes from fifteen years ago, the same black hair which I had loved to sweep my hands through, and the beauty mark that was located at the top right of her lip. My mother.

I could feel tears at the brink of my eyes as I watched the picture over and over again and I couldn't imagine it was her. She left me a long time ago, it couldn't possibly be her.

"Mal are you okay?" Mateo asks from beside me but as we arrived, you could see the flames emerging at the back and the whole front wall of the warehouse had already fallen leaving the figure that was sitting on the chair with her head down and a square-like box attached to here.

I didn't know how but I found myself jumping out of the car, running towards the warehouse, and ignoring the shouts and pleas from the car. More flames had emerged from the back and the back fell. I kept running till I could see my mother now mouthing words at me and she was weeping, not even trying to fight her way out of there. I stood there, trying to make out what she was saying and it looked like, "I love you, I'm so sorry, Run," I shook my head till I looked down towards her chest and the black box that I had seen, had a red light which started blinking and blinking till it stayed on red. It was a bomb.

"NO!" I ran closer towards the warehouse, but I didn't make it in time.

Everything had slowed down, to the point where I could see my mother looking up to the sky and the bomb slowly exploding into flames, and the two sides of the wall that were blown off, and I almost falling to my knees, if not for the person who had already swept me into their arms and held me to the point where I was now just crying Niagara falls into their chest, feeling my knees give up and them now picking my up and turning around to walk towards the car which had looked blurred due to my tears.

They put me in the car while pressing me against their chest, rubbing my back and saying words that I couldn't possibly hear with the way that I was crying. I had felt like the littlest bit of hope had just been sucked out of me, scrunched up in a little pool of water, and then thrown into a fire to burn. I didn't feel this pain when my mother first left me because I knew she was still alive but now that feeling was gone, that feeling had been stabbed with a nice and made sure it had immense pain following after. She was gone. For real this time. I knew she was gone.

The car had stopped and the body had picked me up, now carrying me. I felt myself sink into the bed and I broke down completely while they cradled me and I curled around them like they were the last thing in the world. Like they would leave me. I cried myself to sleep, and even then I knew I was letting out sobs during so.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

-SURPIRSEEE!!! so, i kinda really hate Lorenzo, what about you?

-I NEVER EVER THOUGHT i'd reach chapter 15, so thanks sooo much for your support along the way

- DONT FORGET TO LIKE AND COMMENT

-ta ta for now :)

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯