Fixing Family Relationships

"Queen Shirou!" a voice called out.

"Hm?"

Shirou then turned around to see Lancelot, Knight of the Lake and one of the Knights of the Round, running towards him.

"Lancelot? What does he want?"

Lancelot then quickly placed his hands on Shirou's shoulders and said, "Oh thank god I found you!" while gasping for breath.

"Easy there. Take a deep breath before saying what you want to say next," Shirou said.

Lancelot followed Shirou's advice and took a deep breath. "Okay, I feel much better," he said.

"Good. Now, what seems to be the problem Lancelot?"

"My queen...I think Mashu is mad at me."

Shirou was confused. "Mashu?"

"Yes."

"How come?"

"Well..." Lancelot said as he thought back to what happened a few hours ago...

(A few hours ago...)

Lancelot was walking down Chaldea's hallway, minding his own business. As he was walking, he overheard Ritsuka and Mashu in the cafeteria taking about something.

"Hey Senpai?" Mashu asked.

"Hm? What is it Mashu?" Ritsuka replied.

"Do you have any family of such?"

"Yeah. I do have a mother and father back at home."

"Any siblings?"

"No. I'm an only child."

"I see..." Mashu muttered.

Ritsuka noticed Mashu's tone of voice and asked, "What seems to be the problem?"

"Well...it's just that I'm a little jealous of you senpai."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well...you have a normal family that loves you dearly and before you became a master of Chaldea, you were living a normal life, unaware of the moonlit world. You only had to worry about school, homework, just daily stuff from a normal life itself. Me? I'm a designer baby. I don't have any birth parents."

Ritsuka looked at Mashu with a face of comfort and said, "Don't worry. Even if you may be a designer baby and don't have any birth parents, you still got a family here. Me, Da Vinci, Fou, and everyone else here."

"You think so senpai?"

"Yeah," Ritsuka said with a smile on his face.

Mashu blushed and said, "T-Thanks."

"No problem."

As Ritsuka and Mashu continued their conversation, Lancelot was listening to the conversation in a corner of the hallway hidden. "Mashu...you had these feelings inside of you this whole time? You wished you had real parents?"

As time passed by, the conversation reached to a certain point where things got a little hairy.

All because of a certain question.

"Hey Mashu, can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it senpai?"

"What do you think of Emiya Shirou?"

"Eh? Shirou-san?"

"Yes."

"Well...he's a nice person. I mean, the way he cares about other people and the servants, he acts like a mother to them."