30. Can we kiss forever?

Start from the beginning

And then he sees him.

Just as a group of people moves from the middle of the room and reveals a dark corner where Lennon is. Not dark enough.
Lennon is sitting on a window sill kissing a man who is standing in between his spread legs. He is not doing much, just sitting there, not paying much attention to the man who is in front of him. The man is trying to touch him wherever he can or kiss him on the lips when Lennon is not talking to another man who is standing next to them, close. They are all too close, the other man is laughing loudly at something Lennon said. And there's that lazy curl of Lennon's mouth, predatory, like a lion sitting on his throne, so damn confident. Why was I even worried about him, he's doing just fine. The whole week he was patiently waiting for Lennon to reply to his messages, so he can arrange for them to meet and talk. Finally talk about what the fuck went wrong that left him so broken. He is doing just fine.

I would spend it with someone who would like to spend it with me. And out of those two, believe me Lennon is not the one who wants that." He points with his head in Lennon's direction and Jorja follows his gaze. She shakes her head and bursts laughing.

"You're funny, really. You find that upsetting? How dare you blame him for trying to forget you with someone else after you ran away to New York without a word? After he gave you a song, a love song by the way. Poured his heart out like never before. How can you hear a confession like that and not even acknowledge him with a reply?! I've never seen him like that really, he was so much that night, so smitten, so hopeful. He spent the whole night on that piano and he hasn't played the piano since he was little."

"What are you talking about Jorja? What song?"

 "Maybe you should ask your dearest fiancée."

*

His head is spinning while he is trying to understand. He wishes he didn't drink tonight although that was the most logical thing to do after Nina persuaded him to come with her to this dreadful party.

Nina. The way she smiles like she cares, the simple life she promises, the lies she tells.

Does she lie? Is there something she knows about that song Jorja talks about? Where the fuck is she now? He glances around, surveying the crowd.

Finally there is Nina with the group of people that she regularly hangs out with. Matty Sinclair is sticking his tongue into some bloke's mouth not paying attention to anyone, some others are saying hello to William as he approaches but he doesn't hear anything, only focusing on Nina. He grabs her by her arm and tugs her toward the kitchen, her look of triumph becomes a look of panic. Curious stares slide their way but he couldn't care less, half of these people are so drunk and high they won't even remember this. There's people in the kitchen too but he doesn't care.

"What are you doing? Oh my god, you ruined my dress, I spilled my drink all over myself!"

" I don't give a fuck about your stupid dress."  he growls through his teeth like a beast in the night.

"William? W-What... What is wrong with you?"

"There... There is a song. A song that's supposed to be given to me." There is pounding in his temples like the truth that he is persistent on denying is demanding to be let in.

"A song?"

"And you know something about that, don't you?"

"I'm not sure I follow honey, are you ok?"

"Damn it, Nina! Remember last year when Lennon and I ... " The rage is getting the best of him. He needs to breathe. "When we... he tried to contact me. That night at the party...just before we went back to New York?"