5. Gold on the ceiling

It's still quite chilly for these last days of March but the sun rays are making everything better, Lennon holds his hand up, blinking away the spots in his vision

It's still quite chilly for these last days of March but the sun rays are making everything better, Lennon holds his hand up, blinking away the spots in his vision. The two of them  are smiling and talking about last night while taking the stairs down to Rector Street Subway station.

"You didn't dry your hair properly, you will catch a cold," William says to him jokingly and Lennon smiles looking him straight into his blue eyes, almost sickeningly blue -field of cornflower, perfect, cloudless sky blue. Someone should name that colour after the guy.

"Here, I will pull up the hood over my head, " Lennon responds laughing but actually means it. There's this unexplainable feeling of wanting to please William. "Anything for you, your highness. " he adds sarcastically. William raises his eyebrows like he likes the sound of that.

"I like you this obedient." The words send funny feels to Lennon's stomach. "Wish you were like this last night when I needed to know your address."

The doors of the R-train are opened and they walk in. Gritty, industrial aesthetic of the New York subway is extremely appealing to Lennon. To him it represents what is best about the city, a place where people of every background, doing every activity imaginable are thrown together in a tight space and manage to exist. The train is half empty and they continue to joke about everything and nothing, their knees touching lightly, it feels like they're a couple of high school kids who skipped class and are now looking for adventure. William's laugh echoes through the carriage and most of the commuters look at him.

Lennon realises that people can't help but stare at him, William is a centre of attention without even trying. He looks somewhat like a typical American jock but with a posh English accent and effortless charm. It's like he doesn't belong here, in this dirty train.

It's usually Lennon the one who is attracting looks because he was always told that he has a beautiful unusual, almost feminine looking face. His brief modelling career in London in his late teens is a proof but Lennon really doesn't want to remember that period of his life now. He is not bothered by the fact that this man is stealing his spotlight. Most of the time, even though he rarely admits this to himself, he hates his face and attention he gets solely because of it. Now he's just joining everyone in this train and staring in awe at William's smile as he talks about how he took a wrong train in his first week in New York and ended up in Queens somewhere.

They are on the Upper East Side now, from Central Park Lennon turns right onto 76th street and William follows him. Not long after they are seated in a classic old-time New York bar in comfy brown leather sofas. William looks around Bemelman Bar and he loves it. Walls are enchantingly bedecked in murals by Ludwig Bemelman, ceiling is covered in golden leaves and everything looks so luxurious and expensive but both of them fit right in.

"Liam showed me this restaurant and I loved it, every time I'm in New York I try to go and explore different places but this restaurant feels so homey. Food is amazing too." William listens to Lennon talk across him while pouring a bit of milk in his steaming hot cup of tea.