30. Can we kiss forever?

"So, how do you like Sinclair's party so far?"

William turns around and there's Jorja Smith, all smug and fearless, dressed to kill and obviously on a mission.

There's not a chance this girl would talk to William just because she wanted to catch up with a friendly face. She clearly wants William out of Lennon's life which makes him respect her in a strange way, knowing that Lennon has someone like her in his life to stand up for him but also makes him jealous of her not knowing if there's something more between them and she's just trying to get rid of William. It's making him crazy.

"Not a fan of the party as much as not a fan of Matty." He brushes her off.

"Can't say I have watched his latest movie to be honest."

"Me neither. But I wasn't talking about his acting skills."  He continues talking because she is clearly into this small talk. Is Lennon here with her? He wouldn't be, he should be recovering.

"So why are you at his house then?"

"My girlfriend... " He coughs awkwardly and then glances behind. "My fiancée, she's a friend of his, they are co-stars."

 "Aha, Nina, right. I remember Nina. The American sweetheart, perfect-girl-next-door Nina."

"Can I help you with something Jorja? What is all this talk about Nina? You met her before, I'm sure you can ask for a selfie for your Instagram yourself."

"Yeah no. I'm just thinking about how you two are still together, going strong and everything, getting married. Congratulations by the way. I guess." He doesn't thank her because he feels there's more coming. And it's not like it was honest coming from her anyway.

"I'm just wondering if cheating on her made your love even stronger? It usually goes like that, you know. You and your longtime girlfriend had a bit of a crisis in your relationship, then you met Lennon, had a bit of fun with the bad boy but then decided to ditch him because it was too much work to get out of the closet and ruin that perfect family name. It was a perfect little fun trip really, for you, before settling down."

"It wasn't like that. It wasn't. You don't understand. You'll never..."

"You don't love her, William. Why are you getting married?" Her voice is serious all of a sudden, all mocking is gone.

"Not your damn business. Excuse me, I have to get some fresh air."

"Wait. Answer me this. Humour me. It's for research that I'm doing." William rolls his eyes but turns around.

"If it is the last day on Earth, Armageddon and all that shit, and you have to spend it with either Nina or Lennon, who would it be? But it's only the two of them, and you have to choose only one. Be honest. I won't tell anyone,"  she winks. William sighs and pinches the skin between his brows, done with this confusing conversation, done with Jorja making him the bad guy in this story, again, when Lennon is just as guilty.