37. Overstimulated

He enters the security code at the gate to let himself in and walks into Lennon's house

He enters the security code at the gate to let himself in and walks into Lennon's house. The sliding glass door in the living room is open wide, warm breeze moving the sheer white curtains and he sees him outside in the garden sitting cross legged on the lounge chair in his Versace bathrobe. It is plush white with barocco painted sleeves and belt, it also has the letters of his name sequin-embroidered on his chest. It's ridiculously adorable and he pauses a few feet away and wonders how he got there. With him.

God, he is beautiful. The perfect combination of rugged and wild and pretty and innocent. William slowly walks through the grass towards him. Lennon can't hear him with the headphones on, he's lost in the music and book he has in front of him. The air smells of almost summer, pink and white and orange and blue painted in the sky, it's a beautiful end of the day.

Lennon glances up and smiles as William sits down, he twists sideways, takes off his headphones and puts them on William without a word. He presses play on his phone. The sound he hears is gripping.

"This is amazing. Love the chorus." He listens some more. "The guitar is good."

"Will you approve? Did you pay attention to the lyrics, it's kind of experimental? In the previous label they would never want this."

"I'm not giving you my professional opinion anymore because I just quit today."

"You actually have done it?"

"Yup. But I like it. Very much. I talked already to Rick and James, they said you have quite a few new material and you guys can start setting up a new date for studio time with the producers."

"Thank you for taking care of everything after... the thing. Cancelling and rescheduling... I didn't want that. I'm always responsible with my music."

"I know, it's not a problem. If the recording goes well you can release the album in autumn. Start touring at the end of year. But only if you're physically and mentally ready, you know nobody at the label will pressure you."

"I will be ok, Will. I told you. I'm fine. Doctor's appointment went well. I just have to start new medication, because the old one is not effective for some reason. I get pain in my back, not a lot but enough to be annoying."

"Ok, so..." He holds his breath as he slowly removes the headphones. "I wanted to talk to you about something. It's important. It's... it's about Nina."

"Have you seen her?" Lennon's face expression is showing caution.

"No. I broke up with her, you know that?" William's tone is much sharper. "Charlotte kicked her out of her house. I don't know where she is and I don't ever want to see her. Except behind prison bars."

"Prison?"

"There is a surveillance camera on the street in front of Matty's house. I know the truth. She pushed you under the car." Lennon tenses after he hears William's words. "Now you can do something about it. There's a solid evidence that she tried to kill you."