William walks over to Sam, just to piss him off more and takes one of the coffee mugs that he knows is not for him.

"Thanks for the coffee." He grins and starts walking away from the kitchen. "I'm gonna quickly shower and get ready for work, I'm late already, you can wake up Lennon."

Sam doesn't say anything. William stops and turns around, now trying to cover himself with his hand, just a little bit.

"And Sam?" It takes enormous effort from Sam to lift his eyes and look at William.

"Just... let him sleep another ten minutes or so. He's... had a rough night."

Sam's usually calm and thoughtful eyes now blaze with open animosity. "You fucker! He has fractured bones for fuck's sake! How can you..."

"N-no man, not like that. We didn't... Shit... He's just... He couldn't sleep well and we talked until the morning about stuff, that's all. I wouldn't... I'm not an animal."

He keeps his eyes on Sam but decides to just leave him confused, angry and flustered in the kitchen and goes to the en-suite bathroom of Lennon's bedroom to shower, glancing on his sleeping form in the passing. He is hoping that the doctor's appointment goes well but he will be disappointed to leave this house, he knows the excuse that he's there to take care of him will not be valid when Lennon completely recovers, then there will be no reason for him to stay here.

And he loves this place, it's such a privilege to be curled up in Lennon's inner sanctum, looking at the objects that made his everyday life, at the walls he woke up to, his watch and rings on the bedside table. He loves the hardwood floors, a gourmet kitchen, big bathroom that has his toothbrush next to Lennon's now - he moved it from the guest room at some point.

It also has a top-notch security and some much needed privacy for Lennon's level of fame. The floor to ceiling windows in his living room had a beautiful view over a garden and the river. It is hidden from the outside world with tall walls, but they're covered in greenery and tall trees make it look like a small oasis in the middle of the city. There's a bright yellow vinyl player in the corner, the velvet green sofa with plush fluffy cushions and a piano in the living room. An old skateboard against the wall next to a big cactus. He doesn't own any more plants because he is away from the house a lot.

Mahogany teakwood scented candles that he gets from Bath & Body Works whenever he goes to America are on a coffee table. His acoustic guitars next to the settee in the bedroom. On the chest of drawers there is a pile of paperbacks, and then some more scattered everywhere around the house. He even found a book in the bread bin in the kitchen.

The most unusual thing is that there are no pictures or framed photographs on the walls but there is a lot of windows so that might be the reason.

He likes how their shoes look toed off in the doorway next to each other. He doesn't want to go anywhere. Ever. He wants to stay inside these walls cocooned in the deep sense of intimacy between them, safe from the outside world, safe from... safe, even, from himself.

"... and Nate sent me this sick riff, he's been working on for days. It fits so good with the lyrics."

"Yeah? You're writing stuff?"

" Mhm... some... since I came from the hospital, I was just scribbling shit down. Nothing else to do."

"Except William."

William stops in his tracks at the door of the bathroom, having just finished his shower, he is on his way to quickly put some clothes on and go to work but he hears his name. It's Lennon and Sam talking, eavesdropping is wrong but so tempting.