Chapter 20- Love Holds No Records of Wrong Doing

Mizuki

It was a long while until Tengen and I would speak again. And of course, the circumstances in which it would happen were completely out of our control. I wished there was some way that I could ignore Tengen for as long as I would have to be at the demon slayer's HQ. However, it definitely hurt to ignore him like that. But in my mind, he had hurt me, and I needed time away from him to gather my thoughts and grab a hold of my feelings. Or at least that's what I told myself.

Now, I had ignored Tengen for so long that I had been able to complete all of the sections of my hashira training. A time frame that was long enough for Ryuichi to get into a serious fight with the wind pillar, Sanemi. Of course, the fight had gotten so bad that another hashira had to get involved to stop it. But it wasn't completely Ryuichi's fault. He had just been in a really poor mood because of his concern for me. Which, of course, made setting him off 10 times easier. At the same time, Yuu had also gotten into a small squirmish of his own with Obanai Iguro. Yuu claims to have no idea how or why the snake pillar developed such a distaste for him, but it was clear what the answer was when the two of them were in the same room with Mitsuri Kanroji. The bubbly love pillar seemed to develop a little bit of a thing for my sweet blind brother, which of course got him into a bunch of trouble.

Now, Kaida had seemed to be getting rather close with the flame pillar in her daily training sessions, for which I was very happy for her. And although she didn't like to go on and on about it, along with Hanae-san, I usually managed to talk her into gushing about how much she is starting to really like him. At first, I would enjoy these talks with my only sister about her life especially when it came to boys and romance. She was 20 years old now and had a life of her own after all so she had a right to her privacy. But no matter how private she was about her developing crush, it would often force me back to thinking about the topic of Tengen Uzui.

Hanae would try to get me to talk about it so I wouldn't be so bottled up and upset about what happened all the time, but there was no way that I could possibly start talking about him again. The things that he had told me the day he came to meet me at the flame pillars house were utterly distressing, not to mention confusing as hell. I wasn't sure what to think when it came to my relationship with him. Whether or not I should be ashamed of what happened between him and those three women because of me. Or If I should be happy that there is a small chance that his promise to marry me would be most definitely kept. I was certain that I didn't need nor want him to marry me. But the more Hanae talked to me and forced the truth out of me, the truth of how I had felt for him seemed terrifyingly undeniable. However, I wasn't sure if I could forgive him for telling such a horrible lie. Especially if he had knowingly decided to put those three women's feelings in jeopardy, just for my sake.

(3rd Person POV)

Now, Mizuki hadn't expected to run into Tengen after attending a meeting she was to go to with Kagaya-sama as she was aware of the fact that Uzui had not been in attendance for the past few hashira meetings. Even still, she knew that it was a possibility that he would be waiting to talk to her and planned to ignore Uzui the second she would see him. However, she had unfortunately overlooked a key detail about his training background. So when a large hand had reached out at her to grab her arm, she was nowhere near prepared to fight back. It wasn't like he gave her much chance to anyway as he had pressed her body against the wall of the house with his own as soon as he had grabbed hold of her. His arms were like a cage on either side of her small form and she knew there was no chance of escape.

She didn't struggle against him though but simply glared at the man that held her captive instead.

The look on Uzui's face was furious and the frustration was clear as he spoke. And although it pained her to see him talk like this she managed to keep her face in a blank mask.