Chapter 3-Love Does Not Dishonor Others

(A/N)- Since in Japan, addressing another person without the proper honorifics depending on seniority is considered disrespectful, there will be many instances when Mizuki and her siblings will address Masakage Tengan; their mentor/family friend as "Tengan-sensei" or just "Sensei."

A teacher is usually addressed as "[their last name]-Sensei."

Tanjiro: Like with Urokodaki-san. Or, although he's not really my teacher I address him as "Haganezuka-san," since he is my senior.

Right. Now, although I have made a couple of edits to try and make it less confusing when both Masakage Tengan and Tengen Uzui's names are in the same sentence, it is because of the way the honorifics work (or how I understand them to work at least) that I use Masakage's last name: "Tengan" when addressing him in the story. Please try not to confuse him for Tengen Uzui, whose first name: "Tengen" is spelled with an "e." This is only slightly different from Masakage's last name which is spelled with an "a." I know it's confusing but please bear with me, and I apologize to any of my readers who have read these earlier chapters and got confused about that.

With that out of the way, please keep reading, and I hope you enjoy!

____________________________

Masakage Tengan had been hard at work for nearly 10 hours patching the wounds and checking in on the young 6-year-old girl. He had his tousled medium-length hair pulled back in a black messy man bun and he furrowed his sleek brows together as he knelt and hunched over the girl. He squinted his eyes and cared for her bandages with such precision and delicacy, you wouldn't have thought it were a 6 foot 7, middle-aged, burly man playing the role of medic.

Now, as the former second in command to the chief leader of a legendary shinobi clan, Masakage was rather versed in pharmaceuticals, medicine, and first aid. Although according to their lifestyle, getting poisoned, injured and the like were not foreign ideas, there was a moment where he felt, with an absolute terror, that if he should leave Mizuki, alone, for too long, she would die. Her bruises swelled terribly, and her temperature fluctuated constantly. When he was about 4 hours into treating her, Tengan had somehow managed to get it steady long enough for him to relax.

However, it wouldn't be long before the girl's brothers would come racing in to check on her.

Their youngest sister was also present in the room but she was already fast asleep and showed no signs of waking for the next few hours.

"Is she alright, Sensei? How are her wounds?"

"How long until she recovers?"

Masakage knew that the boys were concerned. He didn't blame them. It was their younger sister for God's sake. So of course they'd ask questions. But, with the passion in which they spoke, hushed, worried, and prying with endless questions, Masakage became a bit overwhelmed by their intensity. He, strangely, began to doubt her ability to recover.

"Sheesh boys, calm down," he laughed, "You're like Ryuji split in two. Or a pack of wolves for God's sake."

Yuu and Ryuichi sat down beside the man, calmed themselves, and took a look at their sister. Although they weren't worried that she would die, they were still concerned. She was still breathing. Which meant that her lack of movement was a sign that she was just asleep and would wake soon enough.

That's good, Masakage thought as he took one final look at her.

Mizuki's eyes were closed and in her face held a gentle youthful calmness. She reminded him much of her father, but her spirit was that of the mother.