The front door opens stirring me from the Netflix show Blue and I have been bingeing. I hear Baxter's usual movements, he tries not to wake me but I'm usually up anyway.

"Hey" I smile as he enters the room

He's taken back "You're still up"

I nod. His eyes smile along with his mouth "What?" I question

"Nothing, it's just nice having you here. You know? I come home and crash out normally"

I clap my hands together and jump up excitedly "Not today. I have a surprise"

His eyes narrow with suspicion, I roll my eyes at his non trusting aroma and drag him into the kitchen "Voila" I say proudly

"You waited all this time to eat?" he asks shocked

"Come on Bax. You've done so much for me, the least I can do is cook you something" he smiles and gives me a hug. I always feel so small in his embrace.

"I need to change because I can smell every spirit I served tonight and I feel wavy from it" I laugh pulling back so he can escape his alcohol scent.

I put the cheese in the oven to cook and set the timer, it's probably a bad idea to get cheese at 1am but it makes for an interesting dream.

"I'm back" he calls jumping into the room, he's clearly excited. It doesn't end there.

"Perfect timing" I smile getting the camembert wheel out the oven.

We soon dig in on. The moans coming from both of us suggest we were doing something completely different, we may cause the old lady next door a heart attack.

"Why did you say you could cook before?" he gleams devouring another pitta slice dunked in cheese.

I chuckle looking at the man in front of me in food heaven "It's my secret weapon. Besides, if I cooked all the time it wouldn't taste as good"

He groans "I beg to differ"

With almost full bellies we take a break. We wonder into the living room. I plant myself on the comfy rug on the floor and put the wine bottle and glasses I carried in on the table. Baxter falls next to me, he's grumbling from eating so much already.

"Have you even got room left for steak?" I laugh pouring the red wine into our Bordeaux wine glasses

"I admit I ate a lot" he dramatically lifts his head that was resting on the sofa pillow "But I can always eat more"

We finally have time to watch a movie, we haven't sat down and watched a movie in ages. We decided on Nerve. I've watched it repeatedly and immediately put it on when I discovered Baxter has never watched it.

"So, she's shy and then goes completely off the rails?" he asks as the movie starts to pick up.

I side glare at him "You'll find out" he rolls his eyes and continues to watch.

The movie progresses but I keep feeling Baxter's eyes on me, I tried to hide my smile.

"Do you intend to stare at me this entire movie?" I smirk not moving my view

He coughs and awkwardly shuffles knowing he's been caught "I can't help it" he confesses

"There's just something about you looking excited yet content, it's hard to look away" his voice is so soothing but it makes me nervous, so nervous I'm biting inside my cheek again.

He notices because his thumb strokes my cheek. My eyes follow to where his hand is, the small contact make my whole face tingle. "Bax" I whisper, I can feel his breath as we're so close

He shuts his eyes and moves back "I know, I'm sorry"

"No" I say abruptly putting his hand back.

His deep brown eyes have a certain sparkle to them, I could get lost if I look too long. I cup his cheek with my hand and lean closer.

I softly connect my lips with his. He kisses me back when he feels me. He tastes so sweet, my body feels on fire, my stomach flutters with the amount of butterflies he's created. We move so perfectly I feel like we're the only people in the world. His hand grips me harder and he deepens the kiss, he takes me by surprises at his dominance.

"Skye" he quietly says pulling away suddenly.

Before he can continue and solve my confusion the whole apartment becomes pitch black. My head shoots towards the tv, still in Baxter's hold, everything has gone off

"Power cut" he groans

He moves back and stands up, so much for our sweet moment. The second he goes I feel a flood of different emotions, confusion being the biggest one.

"You coming?"

I break out of my inner thoughts and see his silhouette. "I have candles somewhere, but I could use some help"

I intend to use his voice as a guide but he holds his hand out for me.