Classes with the Carrows (65)

"y/n, y/n!" I woke up to someone shaking me. 

"Wha- What?" I replied getting up from my bed quickly. 

"Class starts in 10 minutes you've got to hurry up!" I looked up to face Ginny after rubbing my eyes. 

"Sh*t." I cursed myself running to the bathroom to get ready. 

Luckily I was never one to take long to get ready so after just 5 minutes I was ready. I ran out of the bathroom and Ginny was still there waiting for me. 

"I've got your books, let's go!" Ginny ushered me. We both knew we couldn't afford to be late now that the Carrows were giving defense against the dark arts. 

"Where the hell were you last night? Neville and I were worried sick." Ginny questioned me as we ran to class.

 "I was with..." I paused before saying his name but turned to face her and that was enough for her to understand. 

Before she could continue questioning me we got to the classroom, we walked in with 2 minutes to spare and luckily the Carrows weren't there yet. 

We took a seat at the same table as Neville, there was a division in the classroom with Slytherins on one side and the Gryffindors on the other. Once I sat down I locked eyes with Draco quickly before we heard the doors slam open. 

Amycus walked in first, followed by Alecto, they didn't say anything and simply stared at the Gryffindors, with disgust as they walked to the front of the classroom. Their eyes hovering over me for a little longer than the others. I knew they were dying to get their hands on me. 

"Today we will be learning about Pure-bloods" Amycus spoke turning to face the Slytherins with a wide smile. "Why we must eliminate all Muggle-borns and Muggles." Amycus continued. "We will teach you what spells you must use when dealing with the sort." He turned to face the Gryffindors. "Alecto." Amycus gestured for Alecto to go on. 

"It is important to practice such things...I need volunteers." She laughed slightly. "Let's see..." She smiled gliding her finger across the air before landing on Neville and then on me. "Over here!" She called for us 

I saw Neville's breath hitch as we both got up and walked towards her. "What should we do?" I questioned avoiding eye contact. 

"Take your wands out!" She instructed. 

Neville and I did as we were told. "Now I want you to use the cruciatus curse on her." Alecto smiled at Neville. 

"What-" Neville was going to argue.

"It's fine Neville just do what they tell you." I insisted. 

"Yeah, Longbottom do as your told." Alecto spat. 

"No" Neville was firm. 

"Neville please just-" But before I continued Amycus had his wand out and was torturing him with the Cruciatus curse. 

I watched in horror as Neville squirmed around in agony on the floor. I didn't let it go on for more than a second before I jumped in between Neville and Amycus's wand. 

"Stop it!" I yelled at him.

Alecto tried pulling me out of the way. "He has to be punished!" She yelled 

"No! Stop, please. You can do it to me...Just leave him alone. Try whatever you want on me...I know that's what you really want." I tried to convince them. 

They turned to face each other before putting their wands down. "Take him to his seat!" I saw as Amycus gestured for Seamus to pick him up. Seamus ran to the front and helped Neville up and took him back.