The Yule ball (p31)

**TW// Sexual Harassment. There'll be a warning before and after the specific part.

____

Today was the day of the ball. Once more we were allowed to leave classes early to get ready. As I was rushing to the Gryffindor tower I bumped into someone. I looked up to apologize and saw that it was Nikolai.

"Oh, hi," I said a little awkwardly since our 'friendship' had ended quite abruptly.

"Hi y/n, it's nice to see you." He said smiling innocently as if he hadn't dismissed me constantly days before.

I didn't feel like getting into a deeper conversation so I simply smiled and tried to make my way around him to continue walking but he grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the dance with me." He asked me which only made me way more confused.

"Uhmm, Nikolai I'm going with Draco...my boyfriend," I told him and I could see his attitude change instantly.

"You said you weren't dating." He barked back a little aggressively which took me by surprise.

"Yeah, well we weren't....we started dating recently," I told him walking backward trying to make some distance between us as he walked towards me.

I saw he was about to say something before I felt myself bump into someone once again, I turned and saw Krum make his way around me and stand in between Nikolai and me.

"Is something wrong?" He asked Nikolai. I could see there was some tension between the two.

Nikolai only scoffed before walking away. I found myself completely confused as to what just happened. Krum then turned around to face me.

"You are Hermy-owns friend." I nodded "Be careful with Nikolai, I don't advise you get close." He told me.

"Why?" I asked him

"He lies and hurts people, his father is Karkaroff, and them not good people." He told me.

I was completely speechless at what I had just heard and Krum turned and continued on his way. I knew Viktor was a good person from what Hermione had told me and from what Harry and Cedric had told me so I was left a little puzzled as to what I had just heard, but given the way, Nikolai had acted just now I felt more inclined to believe what Viktor had just said.

______

I continued walking back to Gryffindor tower trying to not think too much about the situation since tonight was supposed to be perfect so I pushed the subject aside. Once I got up to my room I saw Hermione and Ginny were already up there getting ready.

"Where were you? We have to get ready, c, mon." They said grabbing me and pulling me to the bathroom where hair and makeup products were all laid out. I decided to do something simple since I was never really good at hair styling so I went for a half-up hairstyle.