Severe Punishment (42)

Umbridge took a deep sigh as she prepared for what she was about to do to me. A hundred ideas went through my head as to what it would be. Once more I heard a knock at her door.

"Come in Mr.Malfoy." I heard her call.

My breath hitched at the mention of his name. He came in and like before his eyes landed right on me.

"You wanted to see me, Professor?" He asked trying to act casual.

"Yes Mr. Malfoy, I wanted you to be here to see the punishment Mrs. y/l/n will receive for doing something quite simply atrocious to you," Umbridge explained.

"I'm not sure what you mean Professor." I saw Draco getting nervous.

"Of course you don't my poor boy, it's alright." She giggled.

"Muffliato." Umbridge pointed her wand at the door. "Crucio." I heard Umbridge say before I collapsed to the ground in excruciating pain, it felt like thousands of knives were piercing every inch of my body. I screamed in pain.

"STOP!" I heard as the pain all suddenly seized. I was breathing heavily as I opened my eyes to see Draco kneeled down next to me.

"Mr.Malfoy it's quite alright. She knows she deserves this." Umbridge told him.

Once again I felt excruciating pain across my whole body as I screamed once more, this time it lasted longer causing me to start crying in pain.

"Please stop, stop." I heard Draco cry out, "She'll tell you anything. She knows about Potter's secret meetings!" I heard Draco yell at Umbridge.

Even though I was angry at Draco for saying what he did I felt too weak to show it and some part of me was glad he had found a way to stop it.

"Very well Mr.Malfoy, get her up," Umbridge instructed in an overly excited voice.

I felt Draco grab me and push me up onto one of Umbridge's sofa chairs.

"I don't know what he's talking about." was all I was able to muster as Umbridge began stepping closer to me. I still felt Draco's arms on mine.

"You must not tell lies y/n, should I remind you what happens when you do?" She wore her cruel smile.

"Go ahead." I spat back at her.

"Crucio." I heard her say before the pain was back, I was screaming once more but this time it didn't last for long since I blacked out a couple of seconds after.

_____

What felt to me like a couple of seconds later I half opened my eyes and felt two people holding me up and I heard two voices.

"Stay with her until she gets up, don't let her leave no matter what ok?" I heard Draco's voice

"Draco what happened?" I heard Theo's voice next.

"I'll explain later just do what I tell you," Draco replied, and soon after I blacked out again.

This time I got up and felt my whole body ached but this time I was getting up from a softer surface.

"y/n" I saw Theo ushering towards me.

I looked around and recognized the Slytherin common room from when Draco brought me here after Cedric's death.

"Theo where's Draco?" I asked him with urgency.

"I have no bloody idea he didn't tell me anything just to keep you here, y/n what happened?" Theo asked looking frustrated.

"Umbridge tortured me with the Cruciatus curse to try to get information from me and I think she's not going to stop there. I need to get out of here." I said getting up from the couch I was on.

"I can't let you do that, I promised Draco, sorry y/n," Theo told me holding his arms out to try to stop me. I could see he really was sorry.

"Theo if they're doing what I think they're doing Luna is in danger of the same kind of punishment, or worse," I explained hoping it would hit a soft spot, and to my luck, it seemed to work.

Theo took a deep breath before he began nodding slowly, "Ok go," He said dropping his arms as I ran past him to get out. "But if Draco asks you punched me and escaped!" I heard him shout before I darted away and towards the room of requirements.

But once I got there it was too late, all I saw was Umbridge point her wand at the wall before it all blew to bits revealing the DA behind it. I saw Draco turn for a split second and see me. I shook my head in disapproval before I disappeared through the corridor I came from.

I knew what was in the room of requirements and I knew that if Umbridge saw the DA list there was no point in me trying to hide the fact that I was a part of it. It was only a matter of time before I got 'captured' as well.

Sure enough, only a couple of minutes later I felt someone grab my robe, I turned to see Crabbe wearing a proud smirk. I didn't even attempt to resist as he dragged me to the great hall. I saw Neville spot me from inside and he got up to try to et to me but Draco beat him to it.

"Let her go," Draco instructed Crabbe

"But-" Crabbe was about to argue.

"I said Let.Her.Go!" Draco repeated angrily.

I scoffed at his actions "Draco I really don't feel like talking right now" I tried to remain calm, reminding myself why he did what he did.

"y/n I didn't do anything! and she was torturing you! You really expected me to just sit there and say nothing?" He began explaining and questioning me.

"Draco I'm not angry at you ok! But I need you to understand I said nothing despite feeling like I could die any second, I chose to let her torture me in order to keep this a secret, can you not understand that I'm upset right now?!" I shouted not realizing everyone around had turned their eyes on both of us.

"You know what y/n no, I can't, because believe it or not I care more about you than your little army. And watching you squirm and scream around in pain was killing me y/n, it was like torture for me because y/n I love you and-" He gasped at his own words.

I stared at him not saying anything when I felt an arm gently grab me and drag me with them I turned to see Harry dragging me over with the rest of the DA. Umbridge and the Minister following right behind us.

"Now, the minister believes you all deserve detention for what you've done." I heard Umbridge say in her squeaky voice, acting innocently as if she hadn't just tortured me or wished she could to worse to us all right now.

"Very well Dolores it seems you have everything under control, I have to get back to the Ministry, we must find Dumbledore." He said as he rushed out.

I gave Harry a confused look. "Later." He whispered.

"I do think some people must be watched more closely, Harry and y/n will serve detentions in my office every night." She turned to look at us both with a fake pout.

"Professor you said-" I saw Draco step forward.

"Mr. Malfoy, I know what I said but given the circumstances of this atrocious discovery, I am forced to reconsider. Now get them all back to their common rooms." She instructed the inquisitorial squad.

I walked back with Neville and Harry explaining to them what Umbridge had done to me in her office.

"I'm sorry guys" I apologized to them both feeling guilty for the DA getting caught.

"She's a monster, don't worry, I'm just glad you're ok," Neville reassured me putting an arm around me.

"It wasn't your fault y/n, not even Draco's as much as I hate to say it, Marietta betrayed us, she told Umbridge about the DA," Harry explained. He then told us about Dumbledore's escape.

I was utterly surprised at the explanation I had just heard, I looked up to see Draco walking in front of us all, his head down, not even attempting to keep a look at us, I attempted to move forward towards him but we were already there and as soon as we were at the door to the tower Draco left.