The wedding (62)

Now that I had agreed to stay, Molly, Remus, and Tonks had had a little discussion of who I would be staying with. Molly insisted I stayed with her and the Weasleys but Remus and Tonks insisted I stayed with them. Ultimately it would be up to me.

"What do you think y/n?" Molly asked me as we sat at the table after breakfast.

"Molly I would love to stay with you, but since Arthur works at the ministry they will come to check the house and it would be unwise for me to be here. I think hiding out with Tonks and Remus is safer that way I can help Remus if anything comes up and I can keep an eye on Tonks." I told the three of them.

They all nodded. "You're right dear." Molly accepted reluctantly.

"Ok now go get ready for the wedding, I'll meet you upstairs," Tonks told me.

I had to say, Tonks and Remus had become like my parents during this era of uncertainty and I loved it. Obviously, this didn't mean I wasn't thinking about my real parents every single day still hanging onto the last thread of hope that they were still alive.

I headed upstairs and got dressed. Apparently, Remus had anticipated the idea that I would be staying with them so he not only had gotten Tonks mom to get me a dress but also packed a few things from my house. 

Tonks had come up to help me with my makeup and I decided I would just keep my hair down.  

Once I was ready I left Tonks to get ready herself and I walked downstairs

Once I was ready I left Tonks to get ready herself and I walked downstairs. I saw Harry standing alone and I realized he was lost in his train of thoughts he hadn't heard me come down. 

"Harry," I called to him in a soft voice. 

I could see I had interrupted his train of thoughts as he jumped a little and turned to face me. "y/n, hi." He replied in the same soft voice. He began examining my attire. "You look beautiful." He smiled. 

I walked up to him and hugged him. There was silence for a couple of seconds. "All of this, it doesn't seem real does it?" I broke the silence. 

He nodded and sighed. "It'll all be over soon" He muttered. I could see he didn't quite believe it though. 

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "I trust you, Harry, I know you can do whatever you have to do." I tried to reassure him. He simply nodded and smiled once more. 

We then heard someone coming and I turned to see Ginny. I could see Harry getting tense. "Uhmm...I'm going to help outside." I told them even though I could see my existence was no longer acknowledged as they stared into each other's eyes. 

I started making my way outside and I saw George coming in, his eyes light up at the pair behind me. "Don't you dare!" I whisper shouted at him. 

He winked at me and ran past me. I rolled my eyes and simply left. 

____

Finally, the guests started arriving. Harry had taken poly juice potion and disguised himself as a Weasley which wasn't too suspicious. I sat at one of the tables alone contemplating the event, how this would possibly the last moment to enjoy each other in a long time. 

I was distracted when I felt someone tap my shoulder. "y/n." I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see Krum. We both smiled as I got up and hugged him in a very tight embrace. Even though Viktor and I never really became close I knew we both reminded each other of Cedric and he was the one who brought us close. 

After we chatted for a while I got distracted when I saw Luna coming in with her father. "Viktor can you excuse me one second," I told him, leaving him and walking towards Luna. 

I extended my arms out and hugged her. "Oh, this is nice." I heard Luna say 

"Luna, how are you?" I asked her once I pulled out of the hug. 

"I'm alright." She replied in her lovely dreamy voice. 

"Theo?" I asked her and she knew I wasn't only asking about him. 

"He's having a hard time with his parents and all but he hasn't heard much about Draco just that he's still at the manor, I don't know anything about your parents though I'm sorry. " Luna told me. 

I nodded and I felt some relief about the simple fact of knowing he was still alive. 

____

Once the ceremony was over I danced a little with the twins, Krum, Bill, and Remus before I decided to head out for a breath of fresh air. I stood outside alone. Just like the other night, Tonks came to join me. 

"Are you alright?" She asked me. 

"D'you think they're still alive Tonks? My parents?" I asked her. 

She turned to face me and was about to give me an answer when we both were startled by a snap in front of us. We both instinctively took our wands out. 

"Draco?" I stared in shock at the blonde-haired boy in front of me. 

My eyes started watering as we both took a step forward and immersed in a passionate kiss. 

He pulled away first. "I don't have much time, they're coming. The ministry has fallen, they're coming here right now you have to go!" Draco told us both with urgency. 

I turned to face Tonks who still seemed a little reluctant about trusting him. "I trust him, Tonks, we have to go," I told her. 

"Ok." Tonks nodded putting her wand down. 

"Draco how did you-" I was about to start asking, knowing we literally had no time. 

"I have to go, y/n your dad he's dead I'm sorry, I love you y/n go!" Draco told me kissing my forehead before turning and giving a slight nod to Tonks." 

Tonks smiled "I'll take care of her cousin. I promise I'll keep her safe." She winked and I saw Draco give a slight smile. 

I  had no time to process what he'd told me as Tonks and I ran into the tent and just heard Kingsleys last few words of the Patronus he had sent before black figures began emerging all around us. 

My eyes scanned the room for the trio and I could see they were already running towards each other. Tonks began running but before I could do the same I felt hands grip me tightly. I tried my best to pry myself out of the grip.

"Stupefy." I heard someone shout before the figure holding me flew backward. 

I turned and saw Viktor give me a nod before running off. I felt Tonks grab my hand and seconds later we both apparated.