Surprise!

Author's Note: I know I said Saturday, but I was super busy. But here is today's Chapter!!! Alsoooo I saw that we hit 600+ reads!!!! Ahhh I am literally so surprised, I never expected so many reads!! Enjoy<3

Percy's POV:

       Winter break ended a few weeks ago, and its back to school time. February was approaching fast, and that is when I realized Nico's birthday was in a week. I had no idea on what to do. At all. Not even one bit. But, that is what best friends are for. I pulled Will aside during lunch to ask what Nico likes. "Hmm, he loves dogs, chocolate, marshmallows, death, you, and well pasta." He said. "Oh by the way, don't put dogs near chocolate." This got me thinking, maybe we can do a Walking Dead birthday party? I set off to work with the help of Will, Travis, Connor, and Leo. The time till Nico's birthday got closer and closer. I placed my order for Nico's ultimate birthday gift, when another idea in my head. 

*timeskip*

      Its been super hard keeping the surprise birthday party a secret, and we managed to get Hazel on board with the plan. She assured us that Nico would love the surprise and that it would be great and there is nothing to be worried about. That evening I went to the pet store that Nico and I had last visited to get the black furred dog that Nico had become close to. I decided to keep it at my house until Nico's birthday and my mom was totally fine with it. "So this boy means a lot to you huh?" She asked smiling. "Yeah hes really special to me," I said, "oh and you and Paul didn't get to meet him in the wedding did you? Well if something goes well, you will soon." 

*timeskip*

      It was now one day before Nico's birthday, and I was still struggling to find something to wear to the party. Sure it would be a small gathering, but I still had to dress to impress. That day I went out with Jason to buy clothes. We shopped for hours until I found the perfect black shirt, and jeans. I got everything ready that day at his house, since Nico was staying over at Will's house that night. Me, Connor, Travis, and Leo all set up the decorations at his house, and did last minute checks on the decor. Tomorrow all of this hard work will be worth it. 

 *timeskip*

      AHHH ITS NICO'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! I got up around 9 am, showered and got dressed. Mom made me some blue waffles which I scarfed down and went over to Nico's house. Hazel opened the door, with a smile and told me the others were waiting in the living room. Nico's dad had bought the cake, and we patiently waited for Will to bring Nico back home. When I say patiently I don't mean that we were patient. There were a lot of "is he here yets." Finally, the door to the living room opened and me and the others screamed "surprise." Nico's face was shocked and surprised but soon a smile spred onto his face. Hazel pulled him into a hug, and so did I. "Did you guys do all of this?" He asked smiling. "Yes, but it was Percy's idea." Will replied.

    "Ah its nothing." I said bashfully. But, Nico pulled me into another hug. After a few minutes of talking and laughing, Nico's dad said that it was time to cut the cake, and we made our way into the dining room. He got a two tier walking dead cake, which he really seemed to like judging by the look on his face when he saw it. Nico cut the cake, and we sang Happy Birthday and started eating cake. Nico's dad had also ordered pizza which arrived shortly which we also ate. Then it was presents time, Clarisse had gotten Nico an antique sword, which Nico seemed to like. Will got him Mythomagic figurines. "Where is your gift Percy?" Nico asked. I gave him a smile and went into his dad's room and brought out the dog I had gotten for Nico. And yes, his dad had said that it was okay. Nico burst into a smile as he scooped up the dog. "I love it!" He said laughing as the dog was licking his face.

"So what will you name her?" I asked

"Hmm..Mrs. O'Leary, thats her name." He said.

 We were playing with Mrs. O'Leary for the rest of the time, and soon everyone left, except me, and I decided that this was the best time for my last gift.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hey guys! I am back with more ideas! And this break really gave me so many ideas, and a late Valentines chapter will be out soon!! See you next chapter! Adieu~