The Fight

Author's Note: This is gonna be a bitter chapter. But its for the best! Hope everyone has been good! Enjoy<3

Nico's POV:

I was waiting on the sidewalk playing Mythomagic, waiting for Percy when I see him walking towards me. I put my phone away, and he says, "Why are you doing this?" 

"Doing what exactly?" I ask him.

"Being so confusing." He replies.

"What?" I say confused.

"First you kiss me and then you just ignore me?" He says, "Then, you just go hug another guy?"

"Whoa Jackson, don't talk about ignoring people, you did it too." I retort back, "Hah..and look at you, you're just messing with another girl. Plus, you kissed back."

"Rachel?" He scoffs, "We are just friends."

"So are Travis and I." I say.

"Sure sure." He says.

"Look Jackson, at least I know my own feelings." I yell at him.

"And at least I don't mess with people's feelings!" He yells back.

"It is not my fault that you cannot accept your feelings!" 

"But why did you kiss me?" He asks

"'Cause I fucking like you Jackson!" I yell.

"Oh.." He says but runs away.

*Timeskip*

I lay in my bed thinking about the fight we just had. Maybe hes right? Am I confusing him? Or is it the other way around?

I decide to get this out of my mind as its giving me a head ache and decide to go eat a snack. I pour myself a cup of lemonade and get some cookies of of the pantry.

Hazel comes down from her room and sees me looking down and asks, "You okay Nico?"

"Hm?" I snap out of my thoughts, "Yeah yeah I'm fine."

"No you aren't, tell me whats up." She asks.

I walk over to the dining table, and Hazel follows. "Ugh fine." I say defeated.

"So whats up?" She asks.

"Its Percy..he just got mad at me for confusing him.." I say, "he said that I kissed him and made him confused, but he kissed back, but then is messing with another girl."

"That little-" Hazel starts.

"No..its my fault, I should have not just assumed.." I say looking down.

"Neeks.." Hazel puts her hand on my shoulder, "Percy is dumb, he needs the words to be spelled out for him. But I swear he seriously does like you. Like the way he looks at you from our table at lunch is just adorable."

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes" She says with a smile, "he'll get there soon." Then me and Hazel talk about school and everything.

Percy POV: 

I finally get home from the long subway ride, I throw my bag on the floor and go to my room. I fall onto my bed thinking about today's events. Then the fight comes into my mind. What Nico said was true. I did not know my own feelings. And even if I did, I was too afraid of rejection. Gods, I am a coward. 

I hear the door to the house open and my mom comes inside. "Percy sweetie, I'm home!" She yells.

"Hey mom!" I yell back.

She comes into my room and sees my eyebrows furrowed and asks, "Something wrong?"

"Yeah..mom can I ask you something?" I ask.

"Sure sweetie, whats up?" She asks.

"What does one do when they are confused about their feelings?" I ask.

"Well..you need to figure it out. That person must see if they really want what they want."

"What if its their feelings about a person?" I ask.

"Hm..if they really love or like that person they should go for it." She says.

"But what if they are scared of rejection?" I ask.

"Well you'll never know till you ask them sweetie. You don't even want to live with the "what ifs."

"Yeah..thanks mom." I say.

"Anytime Perce." She says and walks out of the room.

I start to nod off to sleep, but then a notification rings on my phone. I take it out of my pocket and see that its from Rachel.

Rachel: can we talk?

Percy: sure whats up?

Rachel: in person

Percy: uh sure, when can we meet up?

Rachel: you free right now?

Percy: yeah

Rachel: meet me at Starbucks

----------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Next chapter will make things clearer. See you next chapter!