Until I Figure It Out

Few Days Later - Morning
Hospital Elevator

The nurses moved as two surgeons stepped inside the elevator. With no thought of the people inside, the two spoke to each other with a loud voice. The rad tech with them was certain that they're deliberately keeping their conversation loudly for others to hear, not that they're topics were something to be proud of.

After what seemed to be a gruesome marathon of 'which surgeon had the most number of surgeries that week', the two changed the topic.

"So, I saw the schedule... Grey, huh? The chief's wife is scheduled with you?" The stocky man asked his friend with a voice of a foghorn. He shifted his head up to face his friend.

"No," He responded with a grunt of annoyance, "I got the other one..." His friend paused, "forgot her name... Izzie, I think?"

"No...that's not her name."

"Well, whatever it is... the one who's always with the wannabe Shepherd - that one."

Leaning at the further back of the elevator, Eric tried not to listen to the conversation. But as he listened in to their new topic, He's piqued. Especially hearing about that last bit. Sure enough, it was him they're talking about. He continued to listen to the bellows of the two middle-aged, pretentious men.

"So Nelson has Dr. Shepherd's wife?" He said it like he's diminishing Meredith Grey to merely being a wife. If only Meredith would hear this, Eric thought, "I thought it's the other way around."

The tall surgeon had been staring at the nurse beside him. As the nurse caught his stare, he winked at her. The nurse looked away, rolling her eyes in disgust.

"Carl?" The stocky man called his attention.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm stuck with the uhm little one? - I think that's what they're calling her?"

"Little Grey," Eric mumbled, looking down as he massaged his forehead.

"She's young... beautiful," Carl went on, "But I... don't do babysitting, not unless she makes me her sugar daddy, if you know what I mean?" The annoying surgeon moved his brows up as he gave the other a look. The stocky man snickered.

"You might have a chance now," The other answered as the elevator doors opened, "I think she broke up with McSleazy."

Eric pinched the bridge of his nose as his head ached in irritation, hearing these buffoons. He growled audibly. The pain shot at the top of his head as he tried to keep himself from shouting at the idiots. But as the elevator continued its way up, it seemed his patience was dwindling down. If they hadn't stepped out as the elevator opened, Eric would've shouted at them. Thankfully, they did.

Hospital Catwalk

"W-wait!" April said. She scurried as Arizona tramped across the catwalk.

Donning her red-tinted face and nose-flaring facade, which recently had been the Ped's surgeon's usual face, Arizona made her way towards Derek's office. It's been almost a week since Derek became chief of surgery. Being the chief means Derek knew all that's going on at the hospital, even more so, at those people under him. It's odd for him not to know where's Eric or what happened to him. Arizona planned to pluck the answer out from Derek that morning once and for all.

"D-dr. Robbins..." April continued to follow Arizona. She tried to stop her from attacking her chief who had a meeting inside his office, "I told you, Chief Shepherd's busy. He's not available to talk."