Softly Through the Night

"That's... interesting," Arizona uttered as Eric pushed her inside the car. Drunk, she settled at the passenger's seat. The Christmas dinner had just finished. Among the things that happened during the eventful dinner - Teddy's lingering stare and Lexie's bickering with Sloan - Bailey and her Dad's argument made it the most confrontational dinner Arizona attended, "...you're right about holidays being confrontational and stressful..." She went on, "...I mean, we can't help it. We make happy moments bleak because we always think that we don't deserve happiness," Arizona paused, sighing, "But...Damn! Bailey has a point." She hiccupped.

Eric walked around the car, towards the driver's seat, hearing muffled sounds coming from inside. He stared, arching his brow at Arizona through the window before opening the door, "Who are you talking to?" He said, rubbing his hands as he sat at the driver's seat, closing the car door.

"You - who else is here, dumdum?" Arizona slurred.

"Dumdum? - Nice choice of words," He uttered. Eric looked at his drunk friend, "I was outside, Arizona."

"I'm jusst saayinng - You... you are rightt," Arizona went on as she poked his arm. Every time she jabbed him, Eric shot at Arizona. once, twice - She poked him three times until she stopped and stared blankly at his arm. Eric swung his head, chuckling as he started the car, "wa-wa-wait??? W-what are you doing?" Arizona looked, overshooting her movement as she swung her head towards the windshield instead of looking at Eric.

"Getting you home. You're drunk," Eric looked behind, driving in reverse.

"Wait!" Arizona yelled. She yanked Eric's right arm as he steered, making the car skidded to the right.

"Fuck - " Eric quickly stepped on the brake pedal, causing the car screeched to a halt. They almost hit Derek's car.

"Oops," Arizona grimaced, leaning back at her seat and slumping away from her now angry friend.

Eric murmured under his breath, irritated. He glared at Arizona who was looking away, "Are you trying to get us killed?!"

She glanced at Eric with caution, "I'm sorry... just..." Arizona glanced at him, again. Eric looked in front as she continued, "just... we should wait for Lexie."

"What?"

"I - uh offered Lexie a ride back at the apartment after Mark and Sloan left..." Arizona stopped. Eric waited for her as she contemplated. She then snickered, puffing out air, "Mark and Sloan..." She repeated, slowly articulating their names.

"Yeah, already said that..."

"...Mark ...Sloan, hah! Mark Sloan!" She interrupted Eric and snorted.

"Oh - god..." Eric put his palm on his face as Arizona continued.

"I still can't believe Mark has a kid - named Sloan," Her mouth gaped as she shrieked without sound, leaning over. Her breathing hitched as she inhaled and continued, "Sloan Sloan!!!!"

Eric narrowed his eyes at her, amused. Smile formed on his lips. He squeezed his eyes shut, shaking his head, "Oh, fuck. You are so drunk," He then pressed his forehead.

Thatcher and Lexie stepped out of the house as they said goodbye to Meredith and Derek. Lexie then hugged her father goodbye before he walked the opposite way towards his car. She walked the other way, searching around for Arizona and Eric before seeing Eric's SUV. Lexie walked towards the car and opened the door. The sound of Arizona's cackle welcomed her in.

"Hi..." Lexie expressed as she went in, grinning awkwardly as Arizona continued her laughing bout.

"Sloan Sloan!" Arizona blurted out.