Chapter 26: The Monster Inside Him

"You got to be kidding me? You were spying on me all this time? You were following me?", Jungkook yells at Shane who stands there with a straight face holding his hands behind his back.

"No sir. I was asked to protect you, not spy on you. Mr. Kim asked me to keep an eye on everything that goes around you. He knew you aren't safe outside Kim Mansion", Shane states matter of factly.

"Oh what am I?! A 5 year old? Do you really think I can't protect myself? Did I look like I needed help?", Jungkook continues yelling.

"Well initially you didn't look like you needed help and I decided to keep hidden but when I found those 2 men were going to attack you from the back, I had to intervene and help", Shane states, face still straight.

"I totally knew they were there", Jungkook rolls his eyes, "I don't need favours from you or your boss"

"I couldn't take risks with you"

"You have been around my apartment since when?"

"Since Mr. Kim left your apartment this evening. He waited for me to arrive before he left"

"Oh that is why he waited outside my door for 15 minutes? I thought he stood there because he was sad or something but he was just waiting for his spy", Jungkook scoffs.

"Like I told you Mr. Jeon, I was told to protect you, not spy on you"

"Did you tell him anything about where I am heading? Or that I am not home?

"No. He didn't ask"

"So he does not know that I am not home?"

"No"

"Can you keep it that way?"

"Yes"

"Yes?"

"Yes unless Mr. Kim asks me himself. If he does, I will have to tell him everything"

"You told me you weren't spying on me. If you tell him my whereabouts, THAT IS SPYING!", Jungkook furrows his eyebrows.

"I do whatever he asks me to do", Shane deadpans.

"Fine. Forget it. Leave me alone now. I have work to do"

"You need first aid first"

"No I don't. It's just a scratch. You be a good samaritan and get these morons to a hospital okay? I am busy", Jungkook smiles, patting Shane's sboulder.

"But your bike is broken. How will you leave?", Shane points to Jungkook's bike which got damaged during his encounter with the masked men. Jungkook sighs realising he is stuck without a vehicle in the middle of nowhere.

"I can drive you wherever you want to go", Shane says pointing towards his car parked in a distance in the darkness of the empty road."

"I don't need your help"

"..or we can stand in the middle of nowhere until you decide what you want to do", Shane folds his arms and gives Jungkook a curt smile.

"I'll drive", Jungkook forwards his palm asking for the keys.

"No sir, you won't"

"I will. Unless you don't want me to tell your boss how you left me alone against all these men to get beaten up just because YOU thought I coulld handle it. I don't think he will be very happy about this fact", Jungkook smiles and stretches his palm again asking for the car key and Shane hesistantly hands it over to him.

Jungkook walks over to the car and sits on the driver's seat. He starts the engine and locks all doors before Shane could enter the car. "Tell your boss I said 'Hi' and also tell him to stop sending his spys after me. I will return the car when you return my bike. Please ride it home, I really love my bike", he waves at Shane and drives off to his destination.