Chapter 30: Families, Friends and Exes

"I know you got this Kookie! All the best!", Jin wishes Jungkook good luck for his job interview.

"I don't know hyung. I hope I do"

"You are literally the best software developer in the country. They would be foolish to not hire you"

"I am not the best, hyung", Jungkook chuckles, shaking his head as he shifts the phone to the other ear before he pulls up his car in the parking lot of a huge building.

"Well, you are the topper of the best technical university in Korea", Jin adds, his face all smiles and pride for his baby cousin.

"That does not make me the best hyung"

"I don't know about that. Do well in the interview! You will get the job. Okay?", Jin's voice as reassuring as ever.

"Yes, yes. I still don't know what I will tell them when they ask me why I left the biggest conglomerate in South Korea. People dream to work at Kim Con and I just left. I clearly can't tell them that I left because I fell for the CEO and it became a mess", Jungkook sighs in disbelief. Where has life brought him?

"You are right. They are going to think you did something wrong and got kicked out because no one in their right mind would leave Kim Con. but I am sure you will figure something out Kookie. You always have. I am gonna say what I said before. They will be foolish if they let go of a talent like you. All the best, okay?"

"I know hyung, thankyou!", Jungkook disconnects the call and steps out of his car. He takes a deep breath and steps into the elevator that will take him directly to the top floor of Solar Inc. to meet it's CEO.

......

"He is looking for a job?", Namjoon enters Jin's office in the hospital.

Jin instantly puts his phone away and rushes to give Namjoon a tight bear hug, "Hey, when did you return?"

"Just now. Thought I should see you before I go home", Namjoon smiles before pecking Jin's pout.

"How is everything in Ilsan?"

"All good, my mother says hi to you", he chuckles.

"Okay, I am taking the day off. We will go back to your apartment, I will cook something for you and we will spend the whole day together. Sounds good?", Jin smiles, his face lights up.

"Sounds perfect!", the younger smiles back endearingly.

"I will just request Moonbyul to take up my shift for today", Jin adds.

As soon as the couple steps out of the hospital building, Namjoon's phone rings.
"Hello?", Namjoon signals Jin to wait for him inside the car.

"Hey, how are you?", speaks a girl from the other side of the line.