Chapter 59: Momzilla and Evil Dad

"Yes, babe", Taehyung picks up Jungkook's call while working.

"In office?"

"Yeah"

"Just called to tell you I am going out", Jungkook informs.

"No, you are not", Taehyung deadpans.

"I am informing, not asking"

"And I am telling you that you are not going out"

"I have a meeting with Ms. Solar"

"Do it online"

"I suggested but she wants to see me in person"

"Tell her you can't"

"She is the CEO of the company I work in. I can't deny her request".

"You used to deny me all the time"

"It's different"

"Sure it is", Taehyung scoffs.

"I haven't left home for 2 months. I am bored out of my life. I know it's not safe with Sooman and Youngjae at large but I will go insane if I don't go out"

"You will never listen to me. Will you?", Taehyung sighs.

"I always listen to you"

"Fine! Take security with you. I know you are bored and I can't keep you locked up in the name of keeping you safe. Go out, see your friends, go to office. Go wherever you want to go. I don't really care as long as you are safe. So take security with you".

"I will take the whole cavalry if you want me to. You have made me an overnight celebrity anyway. Roaming around with tons of security won't look odd", Jungkook chuckles.

"See you tonight", Taehyung smiles, "Stay safe. Love you"

"I might go out to party tonight to get drunk with friends if I get to keep the job or I will get drunk with them anyway and sulk if I lose my job. Don't wait up for dinner?"

"Don't get too drunk"

"I won't, promise. Love you", Jungkook disconnects call rushing out of his room.

"SHANE!", he yells.

"Yes Mr. Jeon"

"I am going to office"

"I will prepare for your safe travel. Give me a minute", he bows and leaves, leaving Jungkook stunned. A little too obedient?

......

"I see you have brought quite the cavalry Mr. Jeon", Solar observes watching the bodyguards waiting outside her cabin.

"I am sorry", he smiles apologetically, "He insists on keeping security around".

"Makes sense", she chuckles, "Kim Taehyung's boyfriend does need security".

"Are you going to fire me? If yes, we can cut to the chase"

"No patience?"

"I am just anxious"

"Hiring the boyfriend of your biggest competitor isn't a smart business decision Jungkook"

"I have never shared company information with him. Never will".

"How can I make sure? Businesses don't run on trust"