Chapter 7: The Double Date

Jungkook disconnects the call and drives off to his appartment. He is about to put the key inside the door lock when he hears someone laughing from inside his appartment. This is a laugh that he can recognize even in his sleep. This wind-shield wiper laughter was of none other than but his Jin hyung. Jungkook didn't know that he was going to have a visitor tonight. He doesn't mind Jin in his appartment. He loves him to death but today he just wanted to be left alone.

He takes a deep breath before stepping inside the appartment and as soon as he does, he sees Jin and Namjoon making something in his kitchen and laughing their lungs out for God knows what.

"Ah! Jungkook-ah! You are here! I am making dinner. I wanted to come check in on you. I hope you don't mind that I brought Namjoon with me?", Jin says smiling at his little brother.

Jungkook forces a smile on his face as he replies, "No hyung of course not. You two are always welcome here. But I am a little tired and just want to rest in my room unbothered. I hope you understand", he says as he gives his hyung a warm hug.

Jungkook is not a good liar and Jin knows him a little too well to believe in all of this. He can tell something was bothering Jungkook. "Kookie, what is it? Did something happen in the office?", he sounds concerned.

"No, hyung. It's nothing lik-", Jungkook tries to lie his way out of the situation but Jin cuts him off. "Don't you dare lie to me Jungkook. Tell me what happened. Is it about Taehyung? Did you talk to him?"

"Yes, it is about Taehyung and no, I don't want to talk about it. Please hyung, I just need a little space. I will be in my room. Please don't push it", Jungkook says, almost pleading before rushing towards his room and locking the door from inside leaving Jin behind.

Jin just stands there sighing when Namjoon pats his shoulder to comfort him a little, "I think he just needs some time. He will come around hyung, don't worry about him.", he says smiling in hopes of making Jin feel better. "I hope he does, or I am going to punch that Kim Taehyung in the face for making Jungkookie so sad".
Namjoon cannot help but chuckle at his cute boyfriend being a protective big brother to Jungkook.

Jungkook rushes inside his room and lays on the bed, sighing. It does not take him a lot of time to start tearing up again as he thinks about everything Hwasa told him. It won't last, you know? It never does with him. Breaking hearts comes naturally to him. Jungkook is losing his mind as tears fall down his cheeks. He burries his head inside a pillow and cries to his heart's satisfaction when he hears the doorbell chime.

Jungkook doesn't go out of his bedroom, hoping Jin would take care of whoever it is on the door but is instantly disappointed when he hears Jin calling for him. "Jungkookie, you have a visitor!", Jin shouts from outside the bedroom door, knocking.

Jungkook reluctantly stands up and goes out to see who it was but freezes as soon as he steps out of his room seeing Taehyung in the hall. "What is he doing here?", Jungkook asks Jin, completely dumbfounded.
"How would I know that? Ask him", Jin replies shrugging his shoulders.

"How are you Seokjin-ssi. That must be your boyfriend", Taehyung says bowing and smiling at Namjin.
"Yes, Taehyung, meet Dr. Kim Namjoon, my boyfriend and Namjoon meet, Mr. Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's-", Jin does not complete this introduction as he notices Jungkook widening his eyes in anger, staring Jin down.

"-Jungkook's boyfriend", Taehyung doesn't waste a single second before completing Jin's sentence, making everyone in the room shocked especially Jungkook. "Wh-what?", exclaims Jungkook in utter surprise.

"Your boyfriend? Am I not?", Taehyung says with his boxy smile on.

"Are you?",Jungkook frowns.

"Well, yes sweetheart. I am. You would have known about it as well if you didn't flee the crime scene like you did.", Taehyung now chuckling, clearly enjoying Jungkook's confused state.