Chapter 2: Boss' boytoy?

Jungkook has joined Kim Consolidated and working there for a week now. He is loving his job and made friends in the office he hangs out with in the weekend.  His job is mostly technical and he spends most of his time infront of his computer. He is working on a new code when he hears his friend chirping behind him.

"Jungkookie, you have been working non-stop since the morning. Come let's take a break, let's go to the office caffeteria?", Baekhyun chirps.

"Ah..Baekhyunie, just give me 5 minutes, I will finish this and see you there?"

"Boss is in a meeting with the CEO, we should go and come back before the meeting ends. You know how crazy she can get!"

"Come on! Our boss isn't crazy", Jungkook scoffs and closes his laptop to go with Baekhyun to the cafe.

Kook and Baek are chatting and laughing away in the cafe losing track of time when suddenly Kook realises they have taken a 45 minutes break already. "Oh shit! We are so dead Baekie, look at the time! She will kill us, the Boss will kill us today. We need to get back before she finds out we aren't working."

Jungkook and Baekhyun immediately walk out of the cafe only to find Hwasa standing at the door staring them down.

"Ma'am? We just came here to get some snack, we were just heading back. Right Jungkook?",Baekhyun tries to save the situation.

"Yes, yes ma'am. He is right!", adds Jungkook.

"My meeting with Mr. Kim ended half an hour ago and I see you two have been missing since then. Jungkook, isn't this your first week in the company?"
Hwasa is the head manager of the technical department and she is known to be really strict with her sub-ordinates. There is no way is she going to let this one slide.

"Ma'am, I dragged him to the cafeteria. It was my fault. I saw him working since the morning and thought he needed a break." Baekie tries to defend Jungkook as he knows Jungkook is the new employee here and is totally at a risk of losing his job.

"Oh you thought?", Hwasa hisses in anger. She is about to say more when a young man interupts them and asks Hwasa to go with him for a moment. Hwasa wouldn't deny this man. He was the CEO's personal secretary after all.

"What is it Sungho?", she asks as she walks away with him.

Baekhyun and Jungkook fearfully wait while Hwasa chats away with Sungho.
"I shouldn't have dragged you with me. Now she will fire you because of me. God what did I do!?", Baekhyun sadly whispers to Jungkook.

"It wasn't just your fault Baekie! I lost the track of time. If I lose my job today, it's on me. Not you."
They were interupted as Hwasa comes back to address the problem at hand.

"I don't know what you have deserved to be so lucky Mr. Jeon. I am ignoring this mistake of yours today. Make sure I never catch you being lazy at work again.", Hwasa says with the coldest tone ever.

Baekhyun is shocked at this. He has never seen Hwasa forgive an employee like this. Let alone a new one.

"I promise I will work harder ma'am. Thank you for sparing my job.", says Jungkook sighing in relief.

Both of them go back to their desks and get back to work. Jungkook doesn't think of this incident a lot because he doesn't know Hwasa's nature like Baekhyun does. On the other hand, Baekhyun can't stop pondering over what might be the reason Jungkook was spared today when suddenly something strikes him.

"Jungkook, you remember how Sungho was the one who called Boss away right before she could say anything to you?" Baekhyun whispers.

"Yes, why?"