Chapter 41: Home

"Wakeup sleepyhead!", Taehyung whispers in Jungkook's ear before pecking his cheek trying to wake him up. Jungkook wriggles in bed, eyes still shut. "I thought you weren't my alarm clock", he yawns.

"Yeah, but I am your boyfriend", the older chuckles.

"Right. Boyfriend.", Jungkook smiles, still half asleep.

"See, if you don't wake up, you are going to be late for office and then you will have a bad day and then a bad mood which will totally spoil my evening plans, so get up. Quick", Taehyung pats the younger's ass.

"What plans?", the younger tries to open his eyes, rubbing them.

"Date night", Taehyung deadpans and Jungkook shoots open his eyes, sitting up. "DATE NIGHT? WITH WHOM?", he asks infuriated.

"Oh, just a boy I met..."

"HYUNG?!!!", Jungkook yells thinking he is talking about some new random boy.

"...in a hospital while I was on a date with his cousin", the older chuckles at the dumbfound, sleepy man infront of him.

"I- oh...that's just..me", Jungkook laughs nervously, embarrassed at his own overreaction.

"People usually go on dates with their boyfriends or girlfriends. Don't they?", Taehyung smiles mockingly.

"So...we are going on a date tonight?"

"Mhmm. We never really had our first date", Taehyung strokes the younger's head mindlessly.

"Right because I got kidnapped right before our first date, Jungkook giggles, Taehyung doesn't.

"Let me take you out tonight"

"Out? You mean out in the public?", the younger looks at him confused before getting out of bed.

"Yes, out but not in the public,", Taehyung smiles apologetically.

"Why not?"

"Because I want to keep us a secret".

"Why do we need to be a secret hyung? We aren't doing anything wrong. We are just-"

"It's for everyone's safety. Including yours and mine".

"Oh", Jungkook says, visibly upset.

"Jungkook, look here", Taehyung sighs, holding the younger by his shoulders. "I am really proud of what we have but I am not ready to let the world know about us. I live a private life despite not having a private existence. Any minute detail about me becomes national news in seconds. I don't want to see your face in news tomorrow saying he is Kim Taehyung's boyfriend and I go around everywhere with security. You don't. It will simply jeopardise your safety"

"And your reputation as well", Jungkook smiles understandingly. "People link you with the daughters of rich businessmen. Whole country finding out that you aren't straight isn't good for your reputation. Right?"

"You are right but you know I don't care about that. I don't want you to be publically humiliated for being with me. You left KC to have a career independent of me. So that you could be more than Kim Taehyung's boyfriend. If this news goes out, they will forever reduce you to just my boyfriend and I know you don't want that".

"You are right, I don't", Jungkook smiles through a sad face. "Also, I am not looking forward to being kidnapped again by any of your enemies this time", he chuckles to lighten up the mood. "I'll go shower", he leaves to shower.

"I can join you in the shower if you want me to", Taehyung yells from outside the washroom door.

"You already showered", Jungkook yells from inside.