Chapter 69: Iron Rods

(This chapter is written in Jungkook's pov)

I was desperate to find him, to see him. I looked everywhere and grew more and more desperate by the second when I couldn't. What if he was shot? What if he needed me? What if I lose him? What will I do without him? Who will I be without him?

I found Namjoon hyung, Yoongi hyung, his sister Dami, Shane and the others. I saw them supporting Hoseok hyung and Gahyeon. They were both hurt. I couldn't tell how bad. I couldn't tell if it was a gunshot or something else. I was worried about them but I couldn't get myself to verbalise that I cared. I asked them where Tae was. I needed to see him before my brain became more civil and worried about Gahyeon, Hoseok or even myself.

"He was looking for you, Jungkook. He went outside. Let me take you to him", Yoongi hyung told me. Outside? I came from outside and didn't see him on my way in. There are several exists, right.

"Is he okay?", I asked him. "What happened to Sooman and Youngjae?"

"They are both dead", Yoongi hyung looked straight in my eyes. "Come outside. I will take you to him. We need to take Gahyeon and Hoseok to the hospital. Namjoon hyung and Shane had already taken those two outside in the meanwhile and Namjoon hyung left with them in car to the hospital.

"Okay..but are you sure he is outside?", I asked him again. Something didn't feel right.

"Ofcourse he is".

When I went outside, I didn't see Tae. I was growing anxious by the second. Shane told me he left with Namjoon hyung because he was worried about Gahyeon. Makes sense, I thought. She is his sister after all. I was to go home with Yoongi hyung and Shane, it seemed. I felt my heart beat abnormally. Something was off. I was outside the warehouse and so was he. There was signal on my phone again. So I called Tae. I just wanted to hear his voice and confirm he was with Namjoon hyung and I would be fine. His phone was unreachable though and that was unsettling. Yoongi hyung told me to not worry. He said maybe there was something wrong with his phone.

"Where are their bodies?", I asked refering to Sooman and Youngjae.

"It's been taken care of"

"You don't look like you just lost your father", I asked him.

"We weren't close, kid. It is not a secret. Let's go Taehyung must be waiting for you."

"Okay. I will be back in a minute. I need to freshen up", I excused myself because I could tell they were lying. There was no way Tae would leave me behind here and not even call. There was no way he could do that.

I roamed around the warehouse. I was hungry, thirsty, tired. I just wanted to go home and be held by my man. I dragged my legs forward, trying my best to not let tiredness consume me but I had to make sure that Taehyung wasn't here. A few steps forward and I saw it. My Man in chains. Surrounded by Youngjae's men, blood dripping down his face, his head lowered as if he had no life in him. I knew what I had to do. I had tolerated enough for the day and this isn't something I was going to let happen. There were a lot of men surrounding him and I was just me. Alone. I could get myself captured again and my nightmare of being raped by that monster might come true. There was so much to lose for me, my dignity, my life.

I was also losing him though. I could see him, half dead, tortured, bloodied and beaten up. I knew he had surrendered himself because there was no way they could have captured my man against his will. I had to make a choice. Taking the chance of losing my dignity or my life or watching him slowly die in front of me and cry about it. It was easy to choose him. There has never been another decision that I made this quick. I had to save him even if it meant being captured by them once again. I'd lose myself if I lost him.