Chapter 63: The Assemblage

"Hi baby, I am home", Yeonjun chirps as he enters his apartment.

"You told me you were going to get grocery. You have been out for 7 hours. Where were you?"

"Oh, well, I met some friends, had dinner with them and the traffic was really really bad today so it took some time", he tries to explain, keeping the grocery bag on the table.

"Heeseung called me and told me Jungkook went missing. They tried to find him everywhere but couldn't", Gahyeon looks Yeonjun in the eye, "You wouldn't happen to know anything about this. Would you?"

"Are you insinuating something, babe?", Yeonjun chuckles.

"Yes. You were gone for 7 hours and Jungkook went missing. What did you do?"

"Nothing. Jeez!", He dismisses the conversation, walking to their bedroom.

Gahyeon takes a deep breath and speaks again, "You never asked me how I know Namjoon Oppa".

"I thought you didn't want to tell me", Yeonjun smiles, running his hands through her hair.

"He was in Daegu a few years back. When I was 19. I had an drug overdose and was convinced I would be dead but I don't know how this complete stranger found me and he happened to be a doctor. He saved my life. When he asked me where my guardians were. I told him I didn't have my parents around and my big brother left me all alone and went to God knows where. So, like the good doctor he was, he tried to contact Taehyung. He really tried a lot but Taehyung was too busy being a mafia or being rich or doing whatever the fuck he was doing back then. This is why Namjoon Oppa has always hated Taehyung. He met him for the first time when his boyfriend introduced him to Taehyung. When he heard Taehyung's name, he recognized him right away. Sometimes I think Namjoon Oppa hates him more than I do.", she chuckles. (Refer to Chapter 7: The Double Date)

"Wow...I had no idea"

"He saved my life Yeonjun. He was the big brother I needed when my own brother abandoned me. You will never understand what he means to me. I never show it to him but he is like family to me. Heeseung on the other hand, never had anyone who could be a big brother to him until he met Jungkook. He was crying his eyes out when he called me to tell me that Jungkook was missing. And he met Jungkook only a couple of days ago. Jungkook was willing to help him achieve his dreams, he comforted him in that mansion when Taehyung was busy giving him a cold treatment. My baby brother doesn't deserve to lose his big brother once again. Do you understand?"

"I don't know what you are saying", Yeonjun looks confused.

"I am saying whatever you did to him just tell me. Tell me where he is. I am honestly done taking revenge. I don't care anymore. I just want to live. And Jungkook didn't harm anyone. He was kidnapped by Youngjae once and it was because of us. He doesn't deserve to suffer all of that again. Trust me, I would have helped you if you were to kidnap Taehyung but let Jungkook go."

"Let Jungkook go?", Yeonjun asks before he breaks into a loud laughter, "See not gonna lie, I didn't plan any of this. I was out there grocery shopping when I spotted him sitting on the pavement looking sad and sick. Firstly, I thought I would just check up on him and see what happened. So I stopped my car and went to him but he literally passed out in my arms. He called me hyung so I am assuming he thought I was Taehyung? So now that I had Jungkook unconscious in my arms, I couldn't let go of the golden opportunity. Now would I? I called your dad and handed Jungkook over to him and now I am finally free! I am done with your sick father and Youngjae. Thank God he was dizzy, sick whatever because I couldn't figure out for the longest time how I was going to take him. I mean have you ever seen him?", Yeonjun chuckles shamelessly, "he is literally double my size and so strong. I am glad I caught him in a vulnerable moment and now those two maniacs won't bother me anymore", he says with the brightest smile.