Ch 42: Light In Your Eyes

Start from the beginning

Angel couldn't believe what he was witnessing. Of course Alastor would be upset at losing her, but to show it in front of others was what surprised him. He expected Alastor to hold it until he was alone. He watched as Alastor reached down and brushed a stray hair out of Olivia's face, caressing her cheek with the tips of his fingers.

"You broke your promise." Alastor whispered through gritted teeth as a tear dropped to the ground. "You left me alone."

"Smiles." Angel whispered as tears poured down his face, his arms wrapping around himself.

"I-I'm so s-sorry, Mister A-Alastor!" Alice cried, wiping her face. "I tried to b-bring her b-back to you alive."

Alastor didn't hear anything except the sound of his dead heart breaking with every second he gazed at Olivia's prone body. She was so cold. So still. He couldn't stand seeing her like this. It tore at him to see her so lifeless. Her spark that he had fallen for stolen from her for some mediocre event.

"No, no, no, no!" Alastor threaded his fingers through his hair and gripped his head tightly. "She can't leave me! She's mine!"

Alastor began to laugh insanely as tears poured down his face, dropping onto Olivia's face. His pupils began to dilate to slits as his entire body shook.

"She belongs to me! She isn't allowed to leave me!" Alastor exclaimed as Angel looked at him with worry.

Alice took a step back as a red mist began to seep out of his body.

"S-smiles! You need to calm down!" Angel raised his hands towards Alastor, but was interrupted by a voice behind him.

"Well, what a pathetic sight for an Overlord." Vox's voice said with an annoyed drawl. "Crying over such a filthy whore. If ya ask me, Hell is cleaner with her gone."

Alastor growled loudly as he raised his head to glare at Vox. "You pompous piece of shit!" He exclaimed as he stood. Tears still poured down his face as his voice deepened. "You took what was mine from me!"

Vox scoffed. "Well, ya. That was the point!" Vox laughed loudly as he placed his hands on his hips. "What ya gonna do about it?"

"I'm going to erase you!" Alastor lunged, flying towards the smirking Overlord. Alastor grabbed Vox around the throat and crashed into the wall of one of the dilapidated homes, causing it to collapse on themselves.

Angel stood and turned, "Smiles!" He called out and started to run towards them, when a hand grabbed his shoulder, stopping him.

Angel turned and saw Hilda, shaking her head. "Don't interfere. You will only get killed."

Angel sighed and deflated, knowing she was right.

"I'm sorry, Angel. I wish there was something I could do to help. If only I had a little more power, I might even be able to bring her back." Hilda sighed sadly as she gazed down at Olivia.

Alice's ears perked up and she turned to Hilda. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

Hilda kneeled next to Olivia's body as she explained to Alice about her powers and her attempts at bringing a demon back to life. Alice listened intently and began to vibrate with some anticipation.

"So, you're saying that if you had a little more power, you can bring her back?" Alice asked with wide eyes.

Hilda opened her mouth to answer when another crash was heard across the Plaza. Alastor and Vox were duking it out and causing chaos along the way. Alastor grabbed Vox by the bow tie and threw him over his shoulder into a wall. Vox grunted and then laughed as he laid there, blood pouring out of many small scratches and wounds.