Chapter Thirty-One

George could feel his heartbeat so fast that it felt like he was going to throw it up. He honestly wouldn't be surprised if he saw his heart being ripped from his body, because the strength in which it thrummed against his chest had him shaking.

He was standing by the railings of the ship, gripping the sides tightly. Dream stood right next to him, and with a glance to the side, he could see Sapnap, Bad and Ranboo doing the same just a little further from where he was.

He turned his gaze forward again and took it all in.

Lmanberg.

It was a coastal city, with the port stretching out. Even from a distance, he could see the hustle and bustle from the townspeople, trading and going about their average day.

To the side of it was a humongous castle, bigger than any structure George had ever seen before. A large balcony dipped out from a room, and with his good eyesight (despite being worse than usual because of his human form) he could faintly see the silhouette of a figure standing on it.

George shivered slightly.

Their ship neared, and he could see guards and other people run forward to tie it to the dock.

George glanced over at Dream, who had slipped his mask back on his face, and squeezed his hand. Dream squeezed back.

George wished he could see Dream's face right now. To find some comfort, just to feel safer, but he knew Dream could not do that. Not right now.

George watched as a platform was attached to the ship, in order for them to get off, and he shifted on the spot.

Dream grabbed his shoulders and turned George around to look at him.

"It's okay Georgie," the man murmured, "we've got this. In one minute, out the next. Just like I promised."

George stared at the mask for a second, before nodding.

"Okay."

Phil came over, along with the rest of the crew that trailed behind him like lost puppies.

"Got everything you need, Dream?" he questioned, and Dream shoved his hand into his pocket, picking up the vial and showing him.

Phil nodded in approval, and Dream put the vial back in his coat.

"Please be careful." Sapnap said, fixing the two of them with a stern look, and George smiled.

"Always."

Dream gave Sapnap a quick hug before they started to head over to the dock.

Just as they were about to walk down, George heard a "wait!".

He turned around quickly, and almost fell over, as Tommy had barreled himself into the brunette, hugging him tightly.

George blinked in surprise, before hugging the taller teen back, just as tight.

"Be careful...bitch." Tommy added on the last word to make himself seem tougher, and George rolled his eyes fondly.

"I'll be back in no time." he murmured to the boy, who nodded his head against him, before retracting with a sigh.

George flashed him a smile, along with one for the others, before turning around and following Dream down to the dock.

There were two guardsmen there, both in identical clothing, holding swords.

"Where's the merman?" one of them asked gruffly, and George rolled his eyes, raising his hand slightly.

"That'd be me." he snapped, and the two of them exchanged a look before the other shrugged.

A merman's tear (dreamnotfound)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara