Chapter Seventeen

Slight blood warning below, nothing explained too much, just letting y'all know.

x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x -x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x

Dream must have sat on those stairs with Sapnap for hours. His back ached and his fingers felt stiff from the cold. 

Dream let out a heavy breath as it swirled through the dark night air.

"Sapnap?"

"Yes?" the other murmured, not moving to look at him.

"What did you mean earlier, when you said I wouldn't believe what you had to tell me?"

Sapnap looked over at the man for a minute, before sweeping his gaze back to the water.

He did not answer Dream.

The blonde let out a huff but did not continue the conversation.

Sapnap looked down at Dream's mask. 

He pointed to the crack on the bottom.

"I can get Sam to fix that, if you want?" He offered. Dream held it up in front of them.

"Actually," the blonde admitted, "I kind of like it."

Sapnap let out a little laugh.

"Elaborate, please."

"Well, it makes me look cool. Shows that I've been in battle," Sapnap raised an eyebrow, "as Tommy would so kindly say, it makes me look like a 'big man'."

Sapnap snorted, punching Dream on the shoulder playfully, while the other let a tired grin slip onto his face.

Sapnap was great. He always knew just how to distract Dream from the things that worried him. He was the best friend anyone could ever ask for.

Dream let out a tired yawn.

"I should probably head to bed so I can catch even a wink of sleep before I need to get up." he stated, looking over at Sapnap who was sat by his side.

The man with the bandana nodded and stood up, stretching with a yawn, before giving Dream a pat on the head.

"Goodnight, Dream." he murmured, before turning to the side and walking down the stairs to his room.

"Night, Sap."

Dream had half the mind to follow him and go to his own room for the night, but he knew George would be startled in the morning if Dream wasn't there, so he stood up, cracking his back and joints, and walked towards the hallway.

He put his mask back on gently as he walked down to the room.

Cries filled the air. What?

The sound of crying and muttering was heard from George's room, and he quickly opened the door to see the merman, his eyes scrunched up as he shook.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A flash of light pierced through George's vision. It lit up the water like something out of a horror story. A large shadow loomed above, as yelling voices were all he could hear.

He swam through the water blindly, as his mother grasped his hand tightly.

She was ripped away from him through the thrashing waves. He scrambled forward trying to find her, only to latch onto Karl.

"George!" the other teen screeched, as another boom echoed throughout the water.

Karl held his hand tightly as they swam, trying to find somewhere to go, somewhere safe, away from the noise.