Chapter 16

"Well I'll see you later mama." I say walking out the door, grabbing my bags and shark following me out.

"No hug?" She pouts. I really wanna kiss her goodbye but I feel like that's weird. I put my stuff down giving her a tight hug like it was the last time I would ever see her again. "Do you wanna kill me or something bil-" she whimpers.

"Shut up." I say hitting her in the arm. She smiles petting shark goodbye as I walk out the door to my Uber. "BYE BITCH!" She yells from the door. I turn around flicker her off. "Stop embarrassing me!" I yell back, getting in the car to go home.

-

It's been a couple days and I'm working on getting a job so I can stop doing the shit that I am. I don't wanna risk it anymore and get caught but who wants to work? Not me.

"Incoming call from Riley🤍"
"Hey can I come over? My parents came home early and found out you were here." My heart just dropped to my ass. "How?" She looks up as if she's waiting on someone to leave. "I'll explain later. I'm on my way now." She whispers, hanging up.

"IT'S OPEN!" I yell from the couch. She walks in with her eyes red and swole. "What happened baby? Come here." I pull her into my arms, wiping the tears away. She sits down, taking her jacket off. I look down at her arms. "What's that?" I say softly. She realizes what I'm talking about, trying to cover it up.

"N-nothing." I don't wanna make her feel weird but I'm worried about her but I don't know what to do at this point. She can't stay here because there's no where for her to sleep and I don't have anything to keep her safe but a gun. "Come here." I pat my lap as she sits down slightly.

"Tell me everything that happened." She huffs, probably deciding if she wants to tell me or not but I give her so many reasons to trust me, especially now. "So.. my parents never told me that they had cameras around the house and apparently they checked them and seen us."

"How'd you get these?" I say pointing to the bright red bruises on her arms. "He h-hit me." I'm bouta kill him. It's taking everything in me not to go over there and shoot his brains out. "I need you to breathe baby okay?" I can tell she was getting anxious, probably about to have anxiety attack at any point.

"In and out for me." She breathes in and out a couple times but I can still tell she's on the edge. "What's your favorite food?" She looks up and back down at her fingers. "Pancakes.. your pancakes." I'm gonna cry in point two seconds.

It breaks my heart to see her like this. She doesn't deserve it and she's nothing but sweet regardless of how anybody treats her. That can be a bad thing sometimes but it makes her who she is. "Do you need me to call someone?" She nods no and raps her arms around my neck and me rapping mine around her stomach.

-

It's been a couple hours and we've been laying here trying to process what happened. "Hey you wanna go get ice cream?" I said softly in her ear. She nods standing up but sitting right back down. "What's wrong?" She breathes in and out before standing up again. "I'm okay.. let's go."

"You sure?" I don't want her to leave if she doesn't feel good. "Yeah I'm just nauseous. I'm hungry." She whispers walking to the door. "Okay let's go then. Hold my hand though mama." She looks down at it and back up at me. "You're a softy." She laughs.

Never in a million years did I see myself falling in love with someone like her but here I am.