Chapter 10

I wake up to a million texts and 6 missed called from Riley's annoying ass. "I'm blocking her." I whisper to myself. No that's mean but what could she possibly want that's so damn important?

"Hello?" I say in my sleepy boy voice. "Hey I'm outside. Can you get your lazy ass up please?" What the hell is she outside for? "It's 11am? Why the fuck are you outside?" I'm gonna throw her down some stairs today I can already feel it. "We talked about this yesterday. I have a couple places I wanna take you after we go to the art store so hurry up."

I huff, barely being able to see correctly. "Oh and bring shark too. Pretty sure he needs some fresh air." I roll my eyes before hanging up and getting dressed. "Come on boy, lemme put the leash on you." Why does he always give me so much trouble in the morning.

I hop in the car, putting shark in the back. "What's that?" I say looking in the back, and back up at her. "Uh.. nothing. You'll see later." She says turning the music up. It's way too early for this shit but damn she's beautiful right now. "You look pretty today." I say turning away from her so she couldn't see me smiling."Thanks." She said softly. She had a white sunflower dress on and it fit her body so perfectly while I'm sitting here looking like a little ass boy that just came from gym class.

-

"So since I just took you to get all your art stuff, how bout I take you somewhere special to start you off." She says wiggling her eyebrows. "Never do that shit again." She rolls her eyes, starting the car up again.
We pull up to this pretty park with a little pond in front.

"So I thought I would surprise you with a little picnic so we could draw and stuff

"So I thought I would surprise you with a little picnic so we could draw and stuff." She says while sitting down. "This is cute. Thank you." I say softly. She grabs some paper and a paint brush, me doing the same.

"What the hell is that?" I say turning her paper over for a better view. "It's a flower!" She says pouting. I'm not gonna shit on her artistic abilities but damn that's bad. "That shit looks like a 3 year old did it." I say bursting into laughter. "Wow thanks bil." I look up at her, so surprised at the fact that she finally said my name. "Aww."

"What?" She says softly. "That's the first time you've ever called me by my actual name." I took a grape and throwing it in my mouth, trying to catch it. "Oh shut up Charlie, that was a one time thing." I hit her with a pillow, standing on my knees. "Oh so we're playing that game huh?" I frown my eyebrows. Oh shit, what did I just get myself into. "What game?"

My hearts beating faster and faster, ready to get up and run for my life. "This!" She yells, hitting me with two pillows on both sides of my face. "Ouch! That shit hurt!" I stood up as she ran as far as she could. "Come on shark.. let's go beat her ass." I finally caught up to her, tackling her as hard as I could. I started tickling her but she pushed my arms away.

"Wait w-wait.. before we finish this tickle session, I just wanted you to know that you smell good." She says before getting up and running away again. "You fucking loser!" I yell as loud as I could making sure she could hear me. I caught up to her again, picking her up by her stomach and taking her back to the blanket so nobody could steal our stuff.

I sit her down softly as she looks up at me with this glow in her eyes. "What you lookin at weirdo?" Hitting her with some grass. "Nothing It's just.. that's the first time you've smiled like that in front of me." This girl is such a simp I swear. "Yeah.." I say looking down at my fingers. "Hey." She says lifting my face up with her finger on my chin. "It's beautiful."

"What's beautiful?" I'm so bad at compliments, I can never just say thank you and move on but she makes me feel safe. Like I can trust her for some reason. "That smile of yours." She said sitting down next to me. "Shut up. Yours is prettier."

"No yours.." She says looking down at my lips, as I look down at hers. Oh shit, I know how this is about to end. She leans in, kissing my lips as softly as she could, grabbing my hand and rubbing my palm. I looked up at her with the same glow she gave me. "Sorry.. you just had a little crumb of dumbass on your lip right there. I just had to get it off because it was bothering me."

We burst out in laughter. She can never be serious and I feel like that's what I like most about her. She kind of reminds me of my mom when I was little. So goofy and made me laugh even when I didn't feel the need to. There's never a dull moment with her and most of the time I forget about everything else and it's as if it's just us and no one else.

"That shit was so corny." I hit her in the arm. "It was funny though because you laughed with me and not at me this time." Oh she remembered? Damn. We packed up everything and went to the car with shark.

-

On the car ride home, all I could think about was how my life has been so much happier since I tried to rob her. Not in a weird way but that's deadass how we met. Imagine us on our wedding day telling everybody how we met. "Oh nothing, I just held a gun to her back and we fell in love."

What the fuck type of story is that? That's so damn toxic yet beautiful at the same time.