1 | The Outside World

Ding...

Ding...

Ding...

Emma opens her eyes slowly and yawns. Here it comes another morning at the orphanage.

"Good morning everyone! Hurry up wake up or you will be late--" she stopped as she looking at the bed beside hers. It was tidied up and neat, not only that, the trace of body warmth on the surface have completely gone.

"Where is Y/N?" Emma wondering where her sleepy head will be at this hour.

Then it hits her. She remembers, today is Connie's adoption day.

〰️

"What we should make today?" Norman asked as he and Ray going down the stairs together. It's their turn to prepare breakfast today.

"Bacon and eggs? Connie likes those."

"I think we better take out the fruit pie too."

"Fruit pie...for breakfast?"

"Why not? It's her last breakfast here. If she likes it than so be it."

Ray opens the dinner hall's door while Norman follows behind him. He put a finger on his chin, "Actually, I also planned to make jelly and peanut sandwich with--"

"Strawberry puddings," Ray was cutting him.

"Yes, pudding. How do you know?"

"No, I mean those ARE strawberry puddings."

"Huh?"

As Norman and Ray enter the hall, there's already strawberry puddings, fruit pies, also bacons and eggs on the table. They assembled in a either big baskets or plates near the kitchen window.

"Oh, good morning Norman! Ray!" you greet them.

"Y/N? It's supposed to be our turn today."

The boys are surprised. Well, it's a common knowledge that you likes your bed too much in the morning so it's out of the ordinary to see you fully awake at dawn except for your turn to make breakfast.

Isabella joins them while carrying a basket of fruit pie. "I guess you haven't seen her on the Hao's adoption day? Y/N always wakes up earlier on those days to prepare breakfast."

"You two woke up early today," you said.

"Yeah... we planned to make a buffet breakfast but it looks like everything are done now?"

"Nope, you can help me set the tables."

Half an hour later the kids are starting to come. You see Emma enters the hall and got pranked by Thoma and Lani, as always.

"Watch out! I'm going to eat you!!!" Emma tries to make a scary face and started chasing the mischievous duo.

You laugh at them and continue to place the plates with Gilda. "They are at it again," said Gilda. You only nod in an agreement.

Not long after that Emma comes back while carrying Phill in her back. She says loudly with Phill is pinching her cheek, it brings a weird greeting out of her, "Gwood mworning eweryone!"

Norman turn to her with a tender eyes. His only ever given that look to the one and only Emma. He thought that no one noticed him, how wrong is he because you always noticed his change whenever he was with Emma.

"Good morning, Emma," even his voice sounds so soft.

A huge different to his ravenette best friend who is copying Emma's voice to mock her. "Gwood mworning Emma!"