Women Getting Shit Done

Start from the beginning

As I glanced back up, a Witch darker than I was watching me intently. Cocking her head to the side, she looked between me and the two other she-wolves. A grin slowly spread over her turquoise hued lips. Grabbing the blonde Witch beside her, she pulled her away from the battle with Flora. The pair glared and advanced in my direction.

My ears perked up as I heard crunching from behind. I quickly looked behind to find two more Witches breaking off from Sky's group and heading towards me. Sky tried to bolt after them but was stopped by a tall Witch with dreadlocks. Sky growled and raced forward, biting her head off in one quick chomp. Blood sprayed everywhere.

I pushed one last burst of power into the girls shields and stood to face the approaching Witches. I couldn't shift. Not with the bag securely tightened to my body. I needed to keep an eye on the apple at all times and I knew that if I shifted into wolf form, the bag would be shredded by my size. The apple would be exposed and I'd have to fight while trying to keep an eye on it.

Keeping it close and staying like this would be better.

A light sheen of silver washed over me. Now, the three of us were shielded from the hostile magick.

I knew that it wouldn't last for long, though. Because the second I was under attack, all of my power would return to me. I couldn't shield all of us and fight. It was always one or the other with my gift.

"Who are you?" The dark Witch asked. Curiosity laced her hypnotic voice and I had to shake my head to clear it. Her call was almost like a Siren. The sound of her lilting voice was drawing me in, weakening my strong resolve.

"Tired of your bullshit," I spat.

The dark Witch chuckled, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "How unique. I'm Vera and this is-"

"I don't give a shit who you are." The quiet Witches beside her bristled at my words and I put two and two together. The darker Witch, Vera, was most likely the leader of this little group. Perhaps that's why the other three hadn't attacked me yet. Like Sky and Flora had done with me, they were waiting for her orders.

If she was the leader then that meant she was the strongest. I took in the sight of the other three Witches and wondered which one of them was the weakest. Was it the blonde with the wicked pink grin? Or was it one of the brown haired women with empty faces and torn skimpy dresses?

"What a feisty she-wolf," Vera teased. "And with such pretty hair."

Her pale brown eyes gave my low silver bun a once over. Greed slipped into her venomous orbs. "Yes, I think the Pridesong Coven will reward us well if we bring them the apple and a descendant of the Moon Goddess. Don't you agree girls?"

Of course the Pridesong Coven would be looking for the artifacts too. Being descendants of the Oracle probably meant they knew more about the objects than we did. I gnashed my teeth, my frustration and anger rising by the minute.

This was all too much.

First my Pack was attacked resulting in lost lives and injured wolves. Then my baby cousin almost died in a fire that burned down one of my ancestral houses. Mother inadvertently killed Grandma so I could be born. My entire personality came from a star and I was stuck in not only one, but two prophecies. And the cherry on top? If we failed, I was going to lose Leo before we'd even had the chance to fall in love.

Now, a Witch wanted to kidnap me and take the stupid apple for a reward?!

Fuck that.

I'd never used my gift for offense. Before, it'd only been utilized to protect and lend strength where it was needed.