Chapter 26: ➢ Bippity Boppity Bitch

Start from the beginning

Taking a seat at the breakfast bar I slid the ticket out of the envelope. It was a plain black piece of card with a shiny silver lining around it. No names were written on it, except for the design of a 6 pointed star symbol written in silver ink with a few words decoratively around it. They were in another language and god knows I can't even speak English well let alone be bilingual.

Mr. Argent boss man said that Xavier was an old friend of his. How old exactly? Xavier was like in his early 20's while Argent looked like he was a hop, skip, and cigar away from death. If they were old friends, Xavier must've been like...5?

What? that doesn't make any sense. I was clearly missing something important here.

And why wouldn't Xavier want to go to a party hosted by his old friend? Why was having me there going to make him want to come more? Were they both planning on using me as a live shooting target?! No don't be ridiculous Skyler, Xavier wouldn't bless you have a quick death like that...he'd torture me first.

I gulped before shoving the ticket back into the envelope. The date on the ticket was issued for tomorrow and I was still deciding if I should pull a sickie. 

No, I couldn't bail, Mr. Argent expected me to come, and considering the gang members he had sent out to retrieve me, he knew where I lived! Something didn't sit right with me concerning Argent but then again Xavier Dante is another mess that never fails to boggle my mind so who was I kidding?

Now that Xavier's team was out of the question for me to harass for answers, and Mr Argents members don't seem like they know how to talk, who else could I ask? Who else was involved in this hassle?

I racked my brain for something, anything concerning Xavier in the last month. Involuntarily skipping past the times I've seen Xavier training without his shirt, and the times I've seen him talking to his members with that strong and controlling voice of his, or even the way he-

OKAY FOCUS!

My eyes widened at the thought that flashed in my head. Theo Jackson! I groaned, slouching my shoulder down at the dead-end I reached. There is no way in ducking hell, living or dead, I'd go and see Theo and his little buddies again. The last time I barely made it out without Xavier, as much I wouldn't like to admit. 

Not to mention Xavier made me pay dearly for it later.

I vaguely remember Theo being involved with Xavier, he gave him an envelope. From what I recall that night Xavier was drunk out of his bedonkers, he said there were tickets inside. Could it be the same event?

What else did he say about those tickets? Come on brain think!

Instead of recollecting Xavier's words, my brain instantly fast-forwarded to the part where Xavier had me cornered on the benchtop of the kitchen, where he had kissed me. AGAIN. 

"Ooooookay calm down," I told myself, furiously patting my cheeks trying to calm the blush that was exploding on my face. "Now is really not the time to think about that,"

His body was pressed up so close to mine, I could smell the musty cologne rolling off him. Before I had a chance to ask him 'what the duck?', or to run away screaming. He reached down, cupping my face in his grasp.

My eyes widened as I felt something soft press against my lips.

HE WAS KISSING ME.

"Stooooooooop thinking about him Sky!" I groaned, feeling the blush reach my ears as they starting flaming and possibly puffing out smoke. "Bad Skyler! Not time for Niagara Falls, THINK!"

"Tickets," He replied shortly. 

Xavier kissed me. STOP.

"To?" 

Xavier's lips were on mine. His soft pink lips- STOP.

"To the location my...

He. Kissed. Me. On purpose- 

Not now Sky! Bippity Boppity bitch get your shit together!

...target will appear at," He continued lowly.

His target? Wait a minute. Who was his target? Could that be someone who was attending Argent's party? Ughhh I'm so confused. I was exerting way too much brainpower on this.

There are so many people on Xavier's Bingo Book it was hard to tell.

I groaned in exasperation not being able to think straight with all these flattering images of Xavier floating around in my head. I don't even know why I cared so much about him, he hated me. He says the harshest things to me and yet here I am still trying to figure him out. 

I rubbed my hand on my head in exhaustion. I needed to stop worrying so much, Argent didn't seem like a bad guy, and whatever was going to happen tomorrow night was strictly between Xavier and whoever he was playing cat and mouse with. 

That is, I mean if my usual bad luck doesn't act up and I end up just being a sitting duck like I do in most situations. You know what it doesn't matter, if anything goes bad I'll just run away like I always do.

"Here we go again," I told myself bitterly, heaving myself off the barstool I sat on and beginning my walk out of the kitchen.

But first, I needed a cold shower. 

🐥 -----------------------🐥

Hey hey HEY! *smiles in Bokuto*

Forgive me, but I speak the language of the weebs (although personally, I'm very volatile) and decided to feature a chapter on it :) Till next time which will probably be like tomorrow since I'm smashing these chapters out.