.: Chapter Seven - "Look"

Chapter Seven - "Look"

"What was that for?" I asked quietly.

"Look, I needed it, alright?" he replied nonchalantly.

"I'm not one of your girls. You can't just drag me into a guys' bathroom, I'm assuming, and kiss me. Honestly, it's violating."

"You're just- You're beautiful and I need someone like that in my life."

"I completely disagree with the fact that I'm beautiful, but your statement seems shallow, don't you think? I'm not into shallow guys or anyone for that matter."

"You're kind, have a big heart, confident and you never let anyone put you down. You stand up for others. I've seen it all with my own eyes."

I scoffed, "I'm not who you think I am. I'm not her, so stop thinking that I am."

The last part came out as a whisper.

Sam.

I had to leave. I couldn't stand it in here, not with him nor my memories that were going to break free and leave me cold and distant.

"Just don't do that ever again, Joshua," I deprecated.

"I'm sorry, Alex-" Josh started.

"I'm not my sister and I never will be. I know you guys had a thing, but it's gone. She's gone. We both loved her - I still do - but you need to get over her, okay? You went out with Melissa. You guys probably broke up? Or not. But find someone who makes you feel whole, like Samantha, not someone who looks exactly the same as her because that person isn't good for you or anyone."

It felt like I was giving myself advice at the same time. I still wasn't over her passing. I still cared and wouldn't let go of what happened that night; no one would if they knew exactly what happened. I walked out, oblivious to anything Josh was saying if he was even speaking.

A guy brushed past me as I was walking, seemingly going to the bathrooms. It was Eric, Eric Felton, Josh's best friend. I stopped and said, "Eric, don't ever tell him to do that, again, or let him. Make sure he finds someone who loves him equally."

"Guilty as charged, Alex." He smirked and put his hands up jokingly. "D'you think you're too good for him or somethin'?"

"No, I think I'm bad for him. I'm bad for everyone and I'm being serious."

"You're a great person, so I don't see why you'll be bad for anyone, but if you insist."

I gave a slight smile and left. I didn't know where to go, but I knew that lunch was almost over and I needed to clear my head before I went to class.

At the bleachers on the field, there was no one around, so I went up and sat on them. The thoughts of Samantha was all too much. I didn't talk about her much to anyone. This was the reason it was all too overwhelming and the reason why a few drops of tears ran down the curves of my face. I needed a distraction and I knew how I could get one. I pulled out my phone and went into my messages.

AlexandriaRose: Hi

It took a while, but he replied.

IllustratedWriter: Hey. So you're talking to me, now?

AlexandriaRose: Yup

IllustratedWriter: I bet it's because of my irresistible charm and good looks. ;]

AlexandriaRose: You have no charm and I haven't even seen what you look like

IllustratedWriter: Ahhh, you just wish you could. ;D