~Part Twenty-Three~

I woke up to birds chirping, rays of sunshine, and an empty bed

I ignore the pit of disappointment as I sit up and rub my eyes. Then I slap my hand over them.

"CALLAN!" I tell as I block out all light so that I can avoid seeing..him.

"Miss. Beck?" He asks with a tone that just screams BDE if you know what I mean.

I split my fingers open once I hear him walk back into the bathroom. His soap really does smell wonderful.

"If you're going to sleep with me, at least call me by my first name." I say while burrowing back into the covers, ignoring what I just saw between his legs.

I hear silence until I feel something slam on top of me and the blanket gets pulled down from my eyes.

"Apologies, Lia." He winks at me.

Of course. Not Aurelia, not Eli, but Lia. He's like a dog pissing on his territory. I fucking hate that nickname.

I knee him in his now clothed groin and watch his shirtless body flop to the floor.

"Oopsies. Sorry Cal." I smirk and stand up, pulling the sheet around me. Don't get me wrong I'm wearing clothes, but his gaze makes me feel exposed.

I twist my hair into a messy bun I perfected when I was 16 and subtly pull out a few strands around my face. After I brush my teeth I walk back out of the bathroom and see him propped up on one arm with that motherfucking grin.

"Well you look nice." He says with light in his eyes. I know we're supposed to be joking but it's so nice seeing him happy. I swear he looks 5 years younger.

He notices me staring and he stands up dropping the smile. "I'll have another bed brought in as soon as possible until we can situate a room for you." He nods to me as he slips a loose shirt on.

I won't be the first to admit I didn't mind sharing the king bed. "Can we turn one of the game rooms on the second floor into a guest room?" I ask, going along with it.

"Unless you want Steven and Baron to set me on fire, then no." He adds while I contemplate the image. I honestly forgot Baron had his own room downstairs since he's usually out of the house.

"Don't look too excited at the prospect of me being lit on fire, dolcezza." (sweetness)

I blush at the Italian and throw one of Raph's hoodies over my head.

He growls at the clothing item and I smile 'innocently'.

"Something wrong?" I goad him. Territorial Callan is hot. Ugh cut it out Aurelia, we've been down this road and we ended up on our ass. Literally.

He walks past me, "I'm going to get a suit from my office and meet you downstairs." He says as if the sexual tension wasn't making it hard to breathe.

Confused, I throw on some light makeup and finish waking up before walking down into the dining room.

——

——

It's a full table when I get downstairs and I suddenly feel very underdressed.

"The Armani and testosterone is making it hard to breathe." I say and I get a few chuckles from Baron and Steven.

Literal twins.

I go to grab a muffin from the spread in the kitchen but I stop myself, swerving for the banana instead.

It doesn't go unnoticed by Archer, but I shake my head.

If Steven can know anyone's worst secrets in 20 seconds, I'm sure they knew I was an overweight preteen.

Some habits are hard to shake.

I sit down at the only seat available, next to the King. He acknowledges nothing as he eats eggs as if he's never eaten before.

Boys.

I sip some orange juice and tune out the conversation as I bite my fingernails. The email I got from my publisher says that I need to decide if I'm doing the Coming Back book tour next year or not.

A few months ago I was sneaking out of my white picket fence life to go drink and dry hump strangers, now I'm sipping orange juice with the infamous Daggers and sleeping in the same bed with their leader.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I feel a tap on my shoulder and I look up noticing everyone is staring at me and I've chewed through my thumb so much it's bleeding.

"Sorry." I say as I lock eyes with Archer.

"I want you to train me."

His eyebrows raise.

"I need to be stronger."

He goes to nod but remembers that it isn't his call, so he has a silent conversation with Callan beside me.

No one says anything. Where that request came from? I have no idea.

Callan sets his fork down and swallows.

"Does this mean your staying? Past the gala? I won't bother Archer training you if you're leaving in 3 months."

I take a breath and look at Raphael. Though he and Archer need to work out their shit, I know he likes it here.

Steven grins at me as Baron glances at me with a strange expression. He looks grief stricken.

If I stay I could die here, but if I go home I won't really be living. Sure there's a Russian sized target on my back, even if I leave who knows who will follow me back to California.

I need to tell them something.

"Yes. I'm staying."

Even if it might be a white lie.