~Part Five~

I pace my office quickly

I pace my office quickly. The soles of my shoes clicking against the wood as I take each step with purpose.

"Callan, we've been up here 10 minutes and you haven't said a word. Both Miss.Beck and Mr.Russo are still bound to chairs on the dance floor, and their bickering is getting quite irritating." Archer states.

I pause for a moment and go sit down behind my desk. I turn my chair around and see the Italian cousins barking at each other.

"I don't expect you to understand considering your father hasn't taught you right from wrong but THE MAFIA? YOU SOUGHT OUT THE MAFIA? ON PURPOSE?"

I see Aurelia roll her eyes.

"Don't bring him into this. I already apologized for willingly coming back here knowing it could be dangerous..but I had to know. I..I feel useless. Everyday. With Clyde missing and me almost getting assaulted, I thought I could turn my restlessness into motivation. I thought I could become something more than a Senator's daughter."

Raphael's eyes widen. He didn't know about the assault. There are two ways this could go. I hope he chooses the right one. I continue to peer through the two way mirror.

"I didn't know you were almost assaulted two weeks ago. I'm sorry, Eli. I'm just worried about you. We have no idea what they want with us. What we walked into willingly! Gesù Cristo we could never make it home!" (Jesus Christ)

"That's enough." I speak to myself and turn back to face my men. "Archer go untie them and get them water. Tell them I have a proposal for them, but I need a moment to work it out."

"Sir." He nods and exits my office.

Steven slowly closes his laptop and stands. I raise my eyebrows.

"Honestly Steven, I forgot you were there. You're not usually this solemn. Bad news?" I ask. As I look him in the eyes I know the answer.

"Dimitri melted down the AKs and sent them back to the Dagger's New Jersey warehouse he stole them from." I would punch a wall but I know he's not finished. His eyes flit around my office avoiding my gaze. He blows out a steady breath.

"Callan...he sent us a giant steel hand flipping us off."

I take a moment.

"Dimitri sure does have a wonderful sense of humor!" I feel my eyes shine with hilarity as I throw my hands up.

Steven looks terrified.

"I mean how can one even forge a giant fuck you made completely of stolen artillery?!" I stand and wave my hands in front of me.

Steven takes a step back gripping his laptop. "Callan, take a breather man. We'll get Dimitri don't worry." He uneasily smiles.

My hands start shaking. I begin to breathe heavier but Archer strides back in the door. I tilt my head curiously while my initial hysteria abruptly stops. He's striding.

"Archer?" He looks up at me.

"Have you made your decision on what to do with the amateur hacker and quote unquote bodyguard?"Archer asks quickly.

"Later then." I acknowledge his deflection with a promise to revisit the topic.

"I won't kill them." I speak again with finality.

"NICE!" Steven shouts.

I side eye his burst of joy. "Sorry boss, but I like her. She's a good hacker and she's funny too! What will you do with them if you don't kill them?"

I light one of the cigars I keep in the box on my desk and take a deep breath in. The feeling of the smoke in my lungs doesn't bring anymore clarity. Also, it just smells fucking awful. I much prefer cigarettes. 

"I don't know honestly. She has skills, sure, but she's a public figure. I can't teach her to be a seductress to spy on our rivals. I can't send her off to be an emissary of the Daggers in other countries. Don't even get me started on that cousin of hers. How is he meant to truly protect her with that shitty revolver and nothing more?"

They both consider my words.

"Maybe her being in the public eye can be used to our advantage." Archer adds. "You have your holdings in entertainment, drugs, weapons, and even some royalty in the smaller European countries. However, you haven't managed to truly get into politics." He finishes.

I consider it as I take another drag from my cigar. I really can appreciate the Cubans, though.

"Archer's right! The Daggers have always dealt with dirty politicians but re-elections come so often that we never truly get a chance to establish long term deals." Steven pipes in.

I see where they're going with this. "Yes, and since she is indirectly involved with the political social scene, I won't have to worry about any term of hers ending since she'll always be relevant with them for the most part." I pause. "What should I do with her cousin? I overheard their conversation and it's obvious she's filled him in on our..employment status."

Archer is quick to add to that. "Sir, though she is 19 it will be near impossible to convince Senator Beck to let his daughter be on her own with no supervision, for safety reasons. We could allow both of them to come and stay at the compound with us. I can train him more diligently in hand to hand combat and close range firing, while Baron and Steven prepare with her for political events we will now be invited to. Baron just turned 14, so he was beginning to get more involved anyway."

"Interesting idea." However they would need a bit of convincing to come and move into my estate. I have a solution for that, though.

"Alright it's been decided then. Miss.Beck and Mr.Russo will move into the estate on Monday. Please tell Jeremy to announce the club's reopening this Saturday evening and bring both of them up here please."
Archer and Steven both look pleased with my decision.

Steven waits for my instruction.

"Steven, please find a way to melt down the steel bird we were sent and have it molded into the shape of Dimitri's mother. I don't care how, make it happen."

His eyes grow infinitely wider as he fully processes my request.

"THIS IS GOING TO BE THE SICKEST 'YOUR MOM' JOKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN MAFIA!" He shouts with glee as he reopens his laptop and begins sending out the orders.

I chuckle at our friendship and I feel warmth throughout me at my luck for not losing all of my men two years ago.

I hear a medley of taps on the other side of my office door.

I stand up from my chair.

"Come in. We have much to discuss."