~Part Eighteen~

One quick rumor from Baron that he saw lice in Governor Grisham's granddaughter's hair when they were making out, and the entire hall was cleared out

"Aurelia?" I ask frantically once the last of them left.

"Found her!" Raphael shouts from the back of the room. He's holding up the tablecloth to a snack table and I see her laying on her side passed out.

"What the fuck happened?" Baron asks as we all walk over to them.

Thankfully the music was just changing so we all heard a faint whisper in the radio, although we could barely make it out.

"I heard drugged and finger sandwiches and I knew something bad happened but I couldn't find her anywhere." Steven says.

Raphael holds her as we see a little sandwich fall from her grasp onto the floor.

"Steven take the sandwich back to the house and test it, although it looks like she didn't eat it so it's possible someone drugged her another way. Baron grab anything else she would've had and go with Steven to test it. I would think it was the mimosas but she was the only one drugged so this was intentionally for her. " They both nod.

"Archer take Raphael to go watch both angles on the cameras and see if you can see anything. We need two eyes on it." Archer nods and goes to leave while Raphael looks at me skeptically.

"I'll take care of her." He realizes he can't argue so he hands her to me and I carry her bridal style to my car outside.

I place her gently in the passenger seat as I buckle her in.

The drive back is half an hour but I don't play any music so I can hear her if she stops breathing.

I make it in 19 as I pull up to the driveway.

I'm the first one back so I get her out of the car and take her upstairs.

The help stares at me as I carry her in my arms.

"Back to work." I bark as they continue with their tasks. Let's just say they haven't seen me..compassionate in a long time. Or ever.

I lay her on the bed gently and go turn the water on in the bathtub. She'll need it.

I would make her puke but I don't know if she ingested whatever made her faint so it might not do anything.

I set the bathroom up how she (hopefully) will want it and I turn the water off.

I lay down with her and turn her on her side in case she does need to throw up.

My heart is beating fast but after checking her wrist, hers continues to beat as well.

"Ti tengo." (I've got you)

I let out a long breath and pull her close to my chest.

Just in case she stops breathing, of course.

She smells like my soap.

I'm not territorial over women, but I can't lie that it made me smile that she smells like me.

I hear the intercom go off about twenty minutes later.

"Nothing was in her food, however she was drugged. It had to have been delivered on contact." Baron says.

No shit.

"A caterer bumped into her a few minutes before she went down. They did make contact but if it was delivered she was professionally trained because you can't tell." Archer adds.

Shit. That's what I was afraid of.

I give it a minute before Steven will inevitably tell me if we're royally fucked or not.

"Maya Brushnikov, was not signed on with the catering company. Affiliated with..Dimitri, sir."

I slide my arm out from under her and make my way out of the room.

I slam my fist on the hallway intercom.

"FUCK."

They know we have her. He fucking found out.

They know that I've been keeping eyes on her since she first walked into my club three years ago.

They want what's mine.