Haunted by a Memory

Start from the beginning

Afternoon
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center - Neurology Department

Arizona tried to figure out why Keaton's name was familiar. She stared at the newly etched name tag on the office door, showing Eric's name. She finally recognized who he is. He's the resident who had won the Harper Avery Award a year ago. The medical community had been buzzing around his name. Now, he's working at Johns Hopkins as the new neurosurgeon attending. Watching him up close, he did not differ from the surgeons currently working at the hospital. - He's arrogant, condescending and full of himself.

She glared back at the attending beside her. Arizona didn't understand why Veronica needed to introduce her to Eric. Veronica insisted on it and even used her position as her mentor and boss. She had no choice but to come along.

"Quite excited for this, honestly. - you meeting him."

"Yeah, It's not like you forced me to come with you, right? How in the hell are you two friends?"

"We met at Oxford."

"No, I'm asking..." She stopped, as she grimaced, "...How?"

"You're saying we're different?"

"Yes - yes! I mean, come on, you're..." Arizona nodded, moving her hand towards Veronica and at Keaton's office door. Veronica nodded, getting her point.

"Trust me. Contrary to what you've seen earlier, He's quite a dear."

"I don't know if your joking or... That's a joke, right?"

"Well... You two have so much in common," Veronica uttered.

"Oh, okay, yippee!"

Veronica looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"Be nice, Robbins, be. Nice," Veronica uttered as she knocked on the door.

"Come in," A deep voice echoed from inside the office.

Eric continued to arrange his office table as they walked in, putting some books on the shelves and a single picture frame on the table before noticing the two inside. He turned around and stood straight, with hands clasped behind the back. He glanced at Arizona. His eyebrows knitted together as Arizona gave him the same look. Eric narrowed his eyes at her as Arizona mocked the way he stood.

"Woah there, Soldier..." Arizona uttered. Veronica cut her off, stepping closer and greeting out loud.

"Hey! Fr - ," Veronica stopped as Eric's brows arched up, "Eric," She paused. Eric nodded as she walked closer to him, "You are a sight!"

Veronica moved to hug him. Eric stepped away, "Veronica Crowley - how long has it been?"

"Long enough to grant me a hug," Veronica spread her hands for a hug. Eric moved away, shaking his head no, "No?" Veronica chuckled, "How's your first day?"

"Good," Eric said as he stared at the scowling resident beside Veronica.

Veronica followed his stare towards Arizona, "Right, sorry - This is Dr. Arizona Robbins. She's one of my residents," She looked at Arizona, "Dr. Robbins, this is Dr. Eric Keaton, my friend from college - award-winning neurosurgeon, if I may add."

Eric swung his head, smiling. He then walked towards Arizona to shake her hand, "Dr. Roberts."

"Robbins," Arizona scowled. She glared at him, "Ro - bbins."

"Hmmm. charming," Eric paused and then looked at Veronica, "Just tell me she's not an idiot."

"What did you just call me?!" Arizona leaned closer, face red in anger. Eric looked back at her, smirking.