37)Deep shit

Eventually, we made our way to this small village within hours. There wasn't a lot of people there, still I warned my team.

-Stay sharp! Do not let your guard down. Gather around the Commander. Stay on him the whole time. -I told them.

-Yes, Ma'am.-They answered.

Everything seemed calm, until we reached the center of the village, where the water well was. This group of people stood between us and the water. 

-We don't want trouble. Just water.-I told them. I mimicked a water of bottle in my hand and pretended to drink.-Water. 

-We don't want trouble either.-This elderly man approached us, making his way through the group of young men.-You are Americans, yes?

-That's right, sir. We're just looking for some water.-He shook his head.-Just some water and we'll be on our way. 

-I can not help you. Off with you!-He shoved us away as if we were dogs. 

-Shit...-I whispered to myself. I looked around, checking how far my men were. I surely did not want them to hear my next words. I took a step towards him, with my hands up.-Please.-I begged him.

-No. Talking only puts us in great danger. We are peaceful people. They will kill us if they know.-He looked terrified. 

-They want us dead. We're trying to help you, your people... We're trying to set you free from them... But we need your cooperation. Right now, we need your help so that we can continue to help you. I only ask for water...-I explained him. He sighted and looked discreetly to this young man besides him, he shouldn't be more than 20 years old. He was staring at us with this expression, there was this look in his eyes... I always say you can tell a rebel apart a mile away. There's just this disgust, this hate in their eyes when they see the American uniform. And you could not mistake, not when it was right in front of you. The Chief then looked at me.

-I will not help you, Americans!-He spit on the floor. 

-Okay, we will leave.-I kept my hands up and backed up slowly.-Back down.-I told my men. As soon as we were out of sight, I signaled my men to take cover. Not long, that young man ran past our hideout. I didn't explain anyone anything. I just grabbed my gun and ran after him.-Stay put.-I told them as I ran off.

I followed him for a while, intentionally staying out of his sight, way behind him. A few meters out of the village, I actually started running and caught him. I knocked him to the floor, like an American football player. He started screaming right away.

-NO! FRIEND. FRIEND!-He screamed.

-Oh shut the fuck up!-I hit him with my gun's handle, knocking him out. I then carried him over my shoulder to our hideout.

-What the fuck was that all about?!-Trevon asked, concerned.-And what the fuck?-He looked to the boy.

-A rebel. He was about to sell out our position. I'm gonna get the Village Leader. I want to know what he plans on doing with him. 

-This is not our fight!-The commander said.-We are not the fucking ghost busters! 

-Do you have water?-I asked him.

-No.

-Would be nice to have some, right? God knows I'm thirsty as hell!

-What does that have to do with anything?!

-God...-I sighted and took his bottle.-Look, shut up or I will shut you up!-I told him. I took everybody else's bottle as well-The rest of you, stay put. If he wakes up, knock him out again. And if that one-I looked at the Commander again.-pushes it, feel free to give him the same treatment.