PROLOGUE

I’m running in the night, the stars shining above me as my only witnesses. They’re staring down at me, and even their feeble light is enough to annoy me. I live in the dark, thrive in it. I always hunt at night, and today there’s no moon in the sky.

The wind rests and even the woods are quiet, only the smallest sounds reaching my ears. The sound of the stream running, its clear waters sliding through the bed rocks, the buzzing of a bee, flying its way home to its nest. Everything is so silent, but not for me.

My senses are heightened, my blood is pumping quickly through my veins. As I run my feet barely make contact with the ground, and I’m practically flying. I try to jump, only to land a hundred metres later. I might be dead, but I’ve never felt so alive.

Then I hear it: the sound of a twig snapping in the distance. I take in a deep breath, and smell my surrounding. The wind isn’t blowing, so it’s easier for me to pinpoint the exact location of the source of the wonderful smell. Blood.

The scent tells me that my prey is about three hundred metres south-west so I start running in that direction. I trust each and every one of my senses with my life, or what’s left of it anyway. I’m getting closer and closer, I can tell by the growing prickling sensation on the back of my neck. Yes, there’s definitely a live prey there.

I stop running about ten metres before the destination. I’m going to sneak up on the victim, not letting it see me coming. I’m not in the mood to chase it, at least not today. Who knows, maybe next month…

I don’t need to hide myself behind a tree or a pack of bushes. I stand there, in plain sight. Its back is to me, and there is no way it could relieve my presence. I give off no smell, make no sound. I don’t even breathe.

Nonetheless, I must have done something wrong, because she sees me. She turns around to face me, and I remain out of breath, if that’s even possible.

She’s the most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen. Blonde hair is cascading over her shoulders in loose curls, and her eyes are something of magnificence.

They are different from each other: one’s of a deep purple colour, one I have never seen before, not in my two thousand years, and the other’s a dark grey.

As those eyes stare deep into me, I know then and there that she is the one.

She’s my mate.

 Hiya everyone,

here you go, my first Vamp story. If it isn't any good gimme a break :'D

So yeah, this is just a small sneak peak into what's coming next.

if you like it don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

Bye y'all,

-S)