¤Chapter 8¤

y/n pov

When we arrived back at school we saw a big crowd standing around a big board. "What's that all about?" I said to myself. "Come on, let's go check it out!" Jihyo unnie said.

The ten of us pushed to the front of the crowd to see what everyone was freaking out about, we looked and saw a poster that said 'annual talent show'. "Omg guys let's sign up" Jihyo unnie said.

The girls all got excited about the idea of performing in front of the school. They're all really good at singing and dancing and they really like performing.

Not me though, I hate performing. I have had stage fright ever since I was small and because of the nerves my heart starts to hurt from the pressure.

The thing is tho...I love singing and dancing. I have never told anyone because I'm emmbaresed and scared.

"I'm not joining" I said and they all became quite. "Wait why not?!" Jihyo unnie asked suprised. "Because she doesn't sing or dance" Tzuyu unnie anwsered for me.

Jihyo unnie got a sad look on her face. "We can help you, I mean, it's probably not that bad, you guys must have heard her sing once, right guys?" They shook their heads. "Nope, not once, not even Jeongyeon unnie or Nayeon unnie" Mina unnie said.

"You guys can just join without me, I'll just be your supporter." I said while smiling. As much as I would like to join, I just can't. I'm scared to death.

"Just try to sing something for us" Jihyo unnie insisted. "I really can't unnie". "Come on y/n just try" she said again. "I SAID I CAN'T!" I yelled and stormed off.

I ran as far as my feet took me while tears where flowing down my face. I really don't like it when people pressure me, it makes me panick.

I went to hide in the music room. Cliche I know, but music calms me down, plus I don't think they will look for me in here.

I sat behind the piano and played the song that my sister sang for her friend when he passed away.

(Pretend that it's you who sings)

(This is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, it still makes me cry every time)

After I was done I broke down in tears. It's so hard to have a passion for something when you also have anxiety that stops you from doing what you love.

"WHY CAN'T I JUST DO THIS!" I screamed and slammed my head on the keys. I dicided to just skip class, I can't face the girls like this.

Jihyo pov

'What have I done?' I asked myself. Jeongyeon unnie placed her hand on my shoulder "let's just follow her slowly and see where she is going. Just don't interfere with her" she said to me and the girls.

We walked in the direction she ran in. I feel like this is all my fault. "I know what you're thinking, but it's not your fault. y/n is just a really sensitive girl and she has gone trough alot in her life." Nayeon unnie said.

We got down to the 'music' wing where all the music classrooms are. We all just assumed she wasn't in there so we just wanted to walk past until we heard a beautiful voice coming from one of the rooms.

"Hold up, someone is in there." I said and pointed to an empty class room. I ran towards it and peeked trough the crack of the door.

My jaw droped to the floor and tears started to form in my eyes. There she was, sitting behind the piano, playing a beautiful emotional song. Her voice was so soft yet so deep that you could just float away.

The others followed and when they saw what I did, they became quiet. They said that even they had never heard her voice so they also must be suprised.

After she was done she just broke down. I wanted to go comfort her but Mina stopped me. "Guys, I think we should leave her alone for now, I think she might be scared to sing for people. She can clearly sing yet she says she can't, so I think there's something more going on."

"I agree with Mina, if she does have anxiety for singing in front of people, we shouldn't scare her and go in there." Jeongyeon unnie said.

As much as I don't like to walk away and leave her alone like this, I do agree with the girls. Maybe I can ask her later and help her overcome her fear. We decided to walk back to class and let her rest for a second.

================================
Hello again guys,

This episode hits a little close to home since I myself have stage fright, but also a passion for music. It's really hard because it got so bad that I had to let go my dream of doing something with music because of my anxiety. I guess I'm doing ok now, so don't worry.

~Blue♡