Prologue

THREE YEARS AGO....

"Kids!!! Come downstairs for a moment please!"Dad screams.

Honestly,I already know what's coming. So I didn't bother moving.

"Yo Cyrus come on. Dad's looking for us"Emile says
"Come on, Emile you know what's going to happen so why bother"I said.
"Don't be so moody,maybe they are going to patch things up"he says.

I shrugged and decided to see what he wanted.

"Kids,your mother and I have decided to get a divorce"Dad says.
"Of course you-"I was cut off by my brother.
"Why?!!!! Can't you guys work things out!! What about us!"Emile yells.
"Emile you need to understand-"
"Understand what Dad! Cyrus was right!"Emile yells and walks away.

My parents are predictable.

"Mom?"I asked.
"Yes sweetheart?"Mom asked.
"Can I go pack my bags now?"I asked.

My mother looked at me shocked. I don't know what she was expecting but honestly I don't care. I saw this coming and I am ready for it. Doesn't mean it didn't hurt though.

On my way to my room,I decided to check up on my brother. Let's just hope he didn't break anything. That boy has a temper.

"(Knock knock)Emile?"I asked opening the door.
"Go away!!!!"he shouted.
"Oh come on Emile"I said walking in.
"Look,I know you want our family to be together forever because that's how we were raised but it's not always gonna be the case. He will still be our father. We won't see him as much as we want but he loves us and I'm sure he will come through for us."I said.
"Cyrus,I have a feeling that that won't be the case and also aren't you younger than me? "Emile said raising his eyebrow.
" Among other things"I said walking away chuckling.

Little did I know that he was right. Y'all are probably wondering what led up to this.

My father is a piece of shit. His been cheating on my mother for years and well karma is a bitch. One of his many mistresses ratted him out. Apparently her son had a crush on me and he told her that she should be honest with my mother and so she was.

Now let me tell you this,my mother is one crazy bitch when she has time. We often bash heads I tell you. But she's only that way to protect my brother and I, and I love her for it. That's where I got mine from anyways.

There were many signs that my father was cheating but love makes you blind. Or at least that's what she told us. My father used to disappear for weeks on end saying it was business trip but come on three business trips in a span of two months. Yeah no,it wasn't business trips.

To me,it felt like he was testing my mother to see if she could cope as a single mother. And well she did a damn good job at it. She always made sure that we had everything we needed even if she didn't and I admire her for that. I love her for that. She's my role model.

Three years later....

During the first few months of our parents seperation,I could see that it was taking a toll on my mother. I helped out more and so did Emile surprisingly.

As the days turned into weeks,weeks turned into months and so it went on. They were finally divorced and along with that my father disappeared. Popped up for the occasional 5 minute visit but that too stopped.

It's been three years and well honestly I hate him. During those years my mother blamed herself. She always wanted us to be raised with both a mother and a father. But this wasn't her fault at all.

I grew up being bullied for how thin I was. People used to say things like "why don't you put bricks in your bag?! You might blow away" or "look at you! You so thin I could snap you in a matter of seconds". Everything they said about me stuck with me everyday. I hated my existence.

Eventually I learnt to channel that hatred into determination. That lead me to working out,which lead me to fighting. That fighting lead to me finding out about underground fighting and well you can piece the rest together.

My brother,even though his n total fuckboy but his also a weeb,developed an odd liking to working in libraries and well he ended up studying library science and human resources. But now that he knows everything about human resources his a total pain in the ass. Imagine waking up to him arguing with one of his colleagues on the phone about admin.

"Cyrus sweetheart come downstairs please!"Mom shouts.
"Coming!!"I yell back.

Not bothering to put on any shoes,I made my way downstairs. Wonder what's wrong.

"Yes Mom? Need any help?"I asked.
"Yes please sweetheart. Mother isn't feeling good would you mind finishing tonight's dinner for me?"she asked.
"No need to ask. I'm on it. Lay down and watch TV mom"I said kissing her on the forehead.

I will do everything in my power to make sure she doesn't suffer. Even if it's the last thing I do.

_______________
Dont forget to vote and comment!!!!

Edited: 6 Jan 2023.