#𝟬𝟬𝟴- are those flowers?

Start from the beginning

"what? is everything okay?" dahlia asked, worry filling her voice as she swapped her phone to the other ear, making sure she heard her brother correctly.

"i can't get there nathan- i- i can't get there, you guys are over in new york, that's five hours i won't make it in time!"

as dahlia began to panic, she felt her chest begin to tighten as she leaned against her wall, the girl not realising she was sliding down it until she reached the floor.

"okay- what nate? you can't tell me this and then proceed to say that it's okay i don't need to come! lily is in hospital for fuck sake!" dahlia yelled down the phone, her voice cracking as she felt tears glossing over her eyes- blurring her eyesight.

"mum and dad are going to be there are they? when? they are in fucking london right now doing some sort of business shit?- fine, call me when she's up. I'll try and get myself there soon. okay? bye- bye love you."

hanging up the phone, dahlia brought her knees up to her chest, dropping her phone to her side as she began to cry.

nathan and lily, of whom was the youngest out of the three siblings, were out on a business trip in new york, discussing some deals for the company with dahlia's grandfather. even though she could just ask her grandfather to book her a flight to new york right now, she wasn't sure if she could deal with her condescending grandfather of whom liked to pick about everything dahlia said and did.

so she cried, the sound of her cries filling the quiet house, the girl refusing to move as she felt her chest tighten once more as she struggled to breathe in between cries.

daniel took a deep breathe as he took the keys out of his cars ignition, his eyes glancing up to the familiarity of dahlia's house. he looked down at the seat beside him, the small bouquet of flowers visible. even though dahlia wasn't a big flower person, she always liked the small bouquets daniel would get her when they were together,

them always being something that would cheer her up.

he had no reason to be round the girls house, but ever since he had basically been friendzoned, he couldn't get the thought of wanting dahlia back as his girlfriend out of his head. it was hard for him to look at the girl as just a friend, when all he could do was smile at the girl he loved- him smiling at everything she did.

getting out of his car, daniel noticed the sky being clouded over, that only telling the boy it was going to pour it down with rain.

and that reminded him of the day that him and dahlia had that argument that led to them no longer being together now.

daniel grabbed ahold of the small bouquet of flowers, his grip around them tightening as he began to grow nervous upon walking up to his ex-girlfriends front door.

he hesitated on knocking on the door, his knuckle hovering over the door as he took another deep breathe. finally having the courage to do it, he faintly knocked on the door, stepping away as he waited for dahlia to answer.

when he didn't hear anything, daniel glanced around to see that dahlia was in the house as her car was on the drive, and the lights in her home were on.

daniel debated whether or not to go for the handle, but he didn't want to be see as intruding on dahlia and her personal space in her own home. taking the hand he knocked with, daniel hovered his hand over the door handle, the boy noticing the shakiness of his hands.