Chapter 33

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

We made it back to our hotel and Giovanni led the way up to the top floor. He unlocked the door and opened it, gesturing for me to step inside. I strolled into the room, shrugging my jacket off and placing it on the coat rack by the door. It was a spacious room with a double bed in the middle. There were large windows ahead of us with the curtains still open, giving us the perfect view of rainy London. We had a single chair in the corner of the room and a flat-screen TV on the wall across from the bed. Below it was a mini-bar and table filled with all you need to brew a hot cup of coffee.

"I want to go take a shower quickly. Do you want to order room service?"

I shook my head and Giovanni walked over to me. He reached out and placed his hands on my shoulders

"You need to eat something baby. You haven't eaten all day," he said softly

"I know. I just can't think of food right now,"

He leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead, "I understand. Let me order something small just in case you get hungry later,"

He grabbed the menu off the table and started looking through it. I strolled over to the windows, taking in the storm. The rain had picked up and the thunder boomed across the sky. The city was dark but there were moments where the lightning illuminated it enough to reveal the beautiful view we had of Big Ben. I could see most of the city from our room and I had forgotten how beautiful it was. I had always loved living in London but I loved Barcelona more. The vibrancy of the city consumed me and there was something more freeing about Barcelona. It made me feel like I could be whoever I wanted to be. London was tainted by my family's ever-controlling ways and as much as I loved it here, I didn't think I could ever live there again.

"I've ordered us something small. It should be up soon so I'm going to hop into the shower quickly,"

I nodded and smiled at him before he disappeared into the bathroom. I turned back to the view of the city and took a deep breath in. What a day. I thought my biggest problem today was going to be whether or not Giovanni's brother liked me or not. I certainly didn't think I was going to end up back in London with my father fighting for his life. The deep pain in my chest resurfaced and I had to stop myself from crying. He's going to be okay. I kept repeating that to myself - it was the only thing keeping me from breaking. It was surreal to see my family after so long. I wish they had been under better circumstances but thinking back, I doubt I would have returned to London at all. I didn't want to face the music with them. I was ashamed of how my life went and I knew I was a disappointment to them. Now I was here and none of that mattered to me. I didn't want to marry Nate and I was thankful we never went through with that. Everything that happened brought me to Giovanni and he was all that was important to me.

A few minutes later, a soft tap at the door brought me out of my own thoughts. I wiped my eyes and went to open the door. An older gentleman stood outside with a trolley of food that was ordered.

"Evening miss," he greeted politely, "Here is your order,"

"Thank you so much,"

I grabbed the trolley and brought it inside. With a sweet smile, he turned and I closed the door behind me. I left the trolley by the table. I had no idea what he ordered but it smelled great. I lifted the lid and two grilled cheese sandwiches sat on the plate. My stomach awoke at the sight of it and revealed just how hungry I actually was. I grabbed one half of the sandwich and bit into it. Holy hell that tasted good. The melted cheese mixed with an array of spices made it taste like I was eating a pizza.